Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
I think I'm going a little insane.

I just played through scenario 2, and ran through the whole of the encounter deck. When it came to drawing a card from the non-existant deck, it seems like I completely made up a horrible rule. In my mind, and without wishing to spend any time going through the Rules Reference (I was recording at the time), I believed that you added 1 to the Doom Counter whenever you refresh the Encounter Deck. I wasn't certain, but I was suuure I had read it somewhere, so I Grim Ruled it and ticked Doom up by 1.

Post-game, I am now scouring the Rules Ref for any mention of such a penalty. It isn't there, or I cannot find it.

I'm wondering, have I mistaken this with a rule for refreshing the Investigator deck? If so, I also cannot find any mention of a rule stating such. So, if I did just imagine reading this in the rules, I'm left wondering: where in the world did I pick this up from? I'm sure I read it somewhere, but now I'm thinking perhaps I just read it in an idle forum discussion..? Or I dreamt it? Or I am actually going a little insane?

(For what it's worth, and because I feel very special and tingly right now, the game still actually concluded as my very first 'all six cultists' victory in scenario 2 -- with Roland / Wendy starter decks no less!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you conflated it with the investigator penalty.

The only mention I see is page 10:
Quote:
If the encounter deck is empty, shuffle the encounter discard pile back into the encounter deck.

No Doom penalty mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Whitford
msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
If the encounter deck is empty, shuffle the encounter
discard pile back into the encounter deck.

From page 10 of the rules ref. You're mixing it up with the draw deck, which you reshuffle and take a horror when it runs out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you both. I've found it now.

Page 9, 'Drawing Cards', Rules Ref
Quote:
If an investigator with an empty investigator deck needs
to draw a card, that investigator shufes his or her discard
pile back into his or her deck, then draws the card, and
upon completion of the entire draw takes one horror

I'd checked under 'Deck', 'Investigator Deck', 'Draw Action'. The last one is best, as it is right adjacent to correct little spot that the rule can be found. I suppose after reading through 'Draw Action' my attention abandoned that page. Silly of me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Browne
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The real question is, how on earth did you exhaust the encounter deck in the 2nd scenario and not die long beforehand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hopkins
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we've run out of the encounter deck in Scenario 2 every time we've played actually! 2 a turn, and maybe 10+ turns, plus extra draw from Surge or Drawn to the Flames.

Not too hard to do in my experience
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
QUOTE: "The real question is, how on earth did you exhaust the encounter deck in the 2nd scenario and not die long beforehand?"

By not playing with Daisy (single-handed, at least)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.