Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rule book example for Black Tea. Page 17.

The operation has Three commandos.

The fist two terrain cards (objectives) have Soldier Requirements of 1 and 2 . So clearly as implied later on for completing a terrian and opening access to a new Terrain page 18, the Commandos split in to two teams to tackle both terrain tiles.

When they have completed the Streets and Buildings they move on to the Fuel Depot - this has a Soldier Requirement of 4. Is this ignored as the operation only has a requirement of 3.

It may have helped to continue the example of Black tea rather than introducing a different operation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
In the rule book example for Black Tea. Page 17.

The operation has Three commandos.

The fist two terrain cards (objectives) have Soldier Requirements of 1 and 2 . So clearly as implied later on for completing a terrian and opening access to a new Terrain page 18, the Commandos split in to two teams to tackle both terrain tiles.

When they have completed the Streets and Buildings they move on to the Fuel Depot - this has a Soldier Requirement of 4. Is this ignored as the operation only has a requirement of 3.
Yes, that is correct: you play this terrain card with only 3 commandos.

Starman54 wrote:
It may have helped to continue the example of Black tea rather than introducing a different operation.
Yes, I agree
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spe Oneshot
France
flag msg tools
Hi,

I have additional questions which are linked if you can confirm before I play all the weekend

1 - During an operation with a set of 2 terrains, can commandos move from a terrain to another ?

2 - During an operation with a set of 2 terrains, can commandos exceed the number written on the set of 1 terrain ?

3 - During an operation of 4 people and in a set of 2 terrains of 2 commandos each, is the alarm automaticaly activated on both terrains ? Not activated ? Or only on terrain where there are 3 people and more ?

Many thanks for your help. I think I should enjoy the game tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jbattut wrote:
Hi,

I have additional questions which are linked if you can confirm before I play all the weekend

1 - During an operation with a set of 2 terrains, can commandos move from a terrain to another ?
Yes (see p. 15 of the French rules "Elements d'une carte terrain")

jbattut wrote:
2 - During an operation with a set of 2 terrains, can commandos exceed the number written on the set of 1 terrain ?
Yes (see p. 15 of the French rules "Elements d'une carte terrain") and it triggers the alarm on the terrain where the number of commandos exceeds.

jbattut wrote:
3 - During an operation of 4 people and in a set of 2 terrains of 2 commandos each, is the alarm automaticaly activated on both terrains ? Not activated ? Or only on terrain where there are 3 people and more ?
Only the terrain where the alarm was triggered. (see p. of the French rules "Alarm").

jbattut wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThibaudMTL wrote:
jbattut wrote:
Hi,

Yes (see p. 15 of the French rules "Elements d'une carte terrain")

jbattut wrote:
Yes (see p. 15 of the French rules "Elements d'une carte terrain") and it triggers the alarm on the terrain where the number of commandos exceeds.

jbattut wrote:
Only the terrain where the alarm was triggered. (see p. of the French rules "Alarm").

jbattut wrote:

Wow I really like the fact that you can move between different terrains - is this by a 1 action to use a trapdoor.

On that subject if you enter a terrain via a trapdoor is it just 1 action to be placed in the destination room or is it 1 action to use the trapdoor and 1 action to enter the room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:

Wow I really like the fact that you can move between different terrains - is this by a 1 action to use a trapdoor.

On that subject if you enter a terrain via a trapdoor is it just 1 action to be placed in the destination room or is it 1 action to use the trapdoor and 1 action to enter the room.

We've gathered from the rules that it takes 2 action points, ultimately, to use a trap door. One action point to enter, which puts you in that limbo state in the "tunnels" and then another action point to perform the move action required to exit onto the tile. Just remember that there is a break between the two since exiting from a tile ends your actions for the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:

To enter a terrain through an opened trap door, you only spend the action(s) for a movement onto this tile ("Moving" or "Moving stealthily onto a medium tile"). See "Moving p.6.

I updated this entry on the FAQ http://v-commandos.com/pages/faq to explain that. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.