Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you DjaliRiot and chadnorth !
mbmb
Imagine a terrain with no enemies and only small tiles.

My commando is visible. Can he only become stealthy by moving to ANOTHER tile, and not while staying on the current tile? According to page 4 "To become stealthy, a commando must move onto a tile that
allows hiding:
" you MUST move away...

(In training Mission 01 I want to make the commando top right of the terrain stealthy before doing anything else.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
tocoking wrote:
Imagine a terrain with no enemies and only small tiles.

My commando is visible. Can he only become stealthy by moving to ANOTHER tile, and not while staying on the current tile? According to page 4 "To become stealthy, a commando must move onto a tile that
allows hiding:
" you MUST move away...

Yes, when you are visible, you MUST move to become stealhty again.

tocoking wrote:
(In training Mission 01 I want to make the commando top right of the terrain stealthy before doing anything else.)

He is stealthy when he starts this training. Then he will move to the small tile below and perform a stealth check. Is it what you are looking for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
ThibaudMTL wrote:

Yes, when you are visible, you MUST move to become stealhty again.

He is stealthy when he starts this training. Then he will move to the small tile below and perform a stealth check. Is it what you are looking for?

Aha, OK, to become stealthy again, you HAVE to move. I can accept that. Cool, I understand now Thanks!

I thought the commando in Training Mission 01 started visible, but that was totally my mistake! Sorry. Great game, glad I backed/bought it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In normal missions you also have the option to use a german uniform to become stealthy if you have one and there are no germans on the same tile. Even on a large tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Started playing yesterday and all makes sense now. Thanks for the support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
One thing is still not clear for me about Training Mission 01. What could trigger the alarm?

The alarm is on a small tile. All commandos moving to that tile will become automatically stealthy. So, the commandos themselves shouldn't trigger it.
The only way I can see is if that one enemy moved to that tile with the trigger and a commando already on that tile failed the stealth check.
But - given that we don't really know much about how enemies work at this point - I assume that enemy does nothing really in this mission except forcing a stealth check when the top right commando enters its room.

I know with using the full rule set, enemy movement, equipment, etc, the alarm could be triggered in a couple of ways. But how could it be triggered using the limited set of rules we learned by and use in Training Mission 01?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
tmgergo wrote:
One thing is still not clear for me about Training Mission 01. What could trigger the alarm?

The alarm is on a small tile. All commandos moving to that tile will become automatically stealthy. So, the commandos themselves shouldn't trigger it.
The only way I can see is if that one enemy moved to that tile with the trigger and a commando already on that tile failed the stealth check.
But - given that we don't really know much about how enemies work at this point - I assume that enemy does nothing really in this mission except forcing a stealth check when the top right commando enters its room.

I know with using the full rule set, enemy movement, equipment, etc, the alarm could be triggered in a couple of ways. But how could it be triggered using the limited set of rules we learned by and use in Training Mission 01?

2 ways of triggering the alarm on mission 01:
- the Sapper has no choice but to enter the large tile = he becomes visible and the alarm rings.
- The Medic moves onto the tile containing the enemy unit, he must perform a stealth check. If he fails, he becomes visible and the alarm rings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
Ah, OK. I thought the alarms will only sounds when a commando is visible on the alarm's tile. The term 'terrain' was a bit misleading

I makes sense now. Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Terrain" means the collection of tiles being used for a given location.

If there are two locations that must be done simultaneously (as required in some missions), then they count as separate Terrain and so an alarm on one does not trigger an alarm on the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.