GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,995 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Last Friday» Forums » Rules

Subject: Chapter 4 - Silliness rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edwin Santoni
United States
Davie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
So if a camper finds the maniac, they get to move the maniac to an adjacent spot of their choice. So if a camper uses their 2nd move then to move over the place they put the maniac, they get to move the maniac a 2nd time on the same turn? This came up a couple times and felt super broken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
PanzerKraken wrote:
So if a camper finds the maniac, they get to move the maniac to an adjacent spot of their choice. So if a camper uses their 2nd move then to move over the place they put the maniac, they get to move the maniac a 2nd time on the same turn? This came up a couple times and felt super broken since other players also get the free move in chapter 4 when they spot the maniac, so a player can essentially push the killer twice in the direction of other campers while they all get to close in... twice? Feels broken

It's unlikely they'll get to push twice - I'm not even sure it's possible - as you have to move the maniac onto a numbered space, and campers travel on white dots. It may be possible with the fast camper + running shoes, but in that case I'd call it a clever strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrara
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
chuckhazard wrote:
PanzerKraken wrote:
So if a camper finds the maniac, they get to move the maniac to an adjacent spot of their choice. So if a camper uses their 2nd move then to move over the place they put the maniac, they get to move the maniac a 2nd time on the same turn? This came up a couple times and felt super broken since other players also get the free move in chapter 4 when they spot the maniac, so a player can essentially push the killer twice in the direction of other campers while they all get to close in... twice? Feels broken

It's unlikely they'll get to push twice - I'm not even sure it's possible - as you have to move the maniac onto a numbered space, and campers travel on white dots. It may be possible with the fast camper + running shoes, but in that case I'd call it a clever strategy.

Exactly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim morrissy
msg tools
I think you read the rules wrong. When a camper passes over the maniac, the maniac reveals himself and all other campers get to move one additional space, except for the camper who found the maniac.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dorton
United States
Norton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He is referring to the rules in Chapter 3, if a Camper moves over the Maniac they get to move him to an adjacent number pushing him away from the predestined. and its possible near the cabins to cross him without using power ups twice in movement for a camper. I dont' think its really broken.. because if you do it a second time.. you are going to die, because you will then be adjacent to him... so fight him hard and die to save the predestined? Doesn't feel broken to me... its basically guaranteeing the killing will kill you on his turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Louallen Jr.
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should change the Subject to say "Chapter 3 - Silliness". This post is about that chapter.

They don't push in Chapter 4, they block.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.