Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
We are preparing to add one of the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game sets to our Twitch and YouTube streams and were wondering which people would prefer to watch.

Rise of the Runelords

or

Mummy's Mask

We have played a ton of RotR, but have never played Mummy's Mask. So right now we are leaning on the later, but would love to hear what people think.

Our first stream of whichever we go with will be on Friday at 7pm PST. http://www.twitch.tv/gene_defect
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of buying Mummy's Mask so I would like to see a playthrough of it please.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of Runelords playthroughs out there, but very few (any?) Mummy's Mask.

The set adds interesting dynamics, so it'd be great to see them play out.

I urge you to not be shy about examining. Just because it can hurt you doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. Some people playing MM (even playing Alahazra!) have decided to never scout because it hurt them a few times. That's an unnecessary overreaction.

Please show people they can scout in MM and make it work.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Had to look around but I think the youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJMuTh7urpSyl6s_-YNrBAg
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
elcoderdude wrote:
There are a lot of Runelords playthroughs out there, but very few (any?) Mummy's Mask.

The set adds interesting dynamics, so it'd be great to see them play out.

I urge you to not be shy about examining. Just because it can hurt you doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. Some people playing MM (even playing Alahazra!) have decided to never scout because it hurt them a few times. That's an unnecessary overreaction.

Please show people they can scout in MM and make it work.


Ohh, don't know what scouts but sounds useful. Care to explain how to scout, which characters or cards enable it, etc....
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
elcoderdude wrote:
Had to look around but I think the youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJMuTh7urpSyl6s_-YNrBAg


Ahh yep. That is us. Can also get to us with http://www.youtube.com/forgedbygeeks

We will post the streams there in a new playlist usually within 24 hours of streaming.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some characters, like Alahazra and Zadim, have a power that lets them examine one or more cards in a location. Some cards, like Spyglass and Augury let you examine cards and then do something with them. One of the Basic blessings lets you discard it, examine, and then explore. It's always helpful to see what's coming up ahead, unless the card has a nasty Trigger ability. Some of the Triggers are actually good to trip. Some you wish you hadn't peeked at first.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
untitledFolder wrote:
Some characters, like Alahazra and Zadim, have a power that lets them examine one or more cards in a location. Some cards, like Spyglass and Augury let you examine cards and then do something with them. One of the Basic blessings lets you discard it, examine, and then explore. It's always helpful to see what's coming up ahead, unless the card has a nasty Trigger ability. Some of the Triggers are actually good to trip. Some you wish you hadn't peeked at first.


Thanks! I will personally play one of those characters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
forgedbygeeks wrote:
untitledFolder wrote:
Some characters, like Alahazra and Zadim, have a power that lets them examine one or more cards in a location. Some cards, like Spyglass and Augury let you examine cards and then do something with them. One of the Basic blessings lets you discard it, examine, and then explore. It's always helpful to see what's coming up ahead, unless the card has a nasty Trigger ability. Some of the Triggers are actually good to trip. Some you wish you hadn't peeked at first.


Thanks! I will personally play one of those characters.


I decided on Alahazra since she has the strongest ability to dig through decks.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
The video of our first game is now up on YouTube!

I am trying to dig through the decks. So far, its mostly just resulted in me getting some extra negative effects, but going to keep at it for a while.


4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you could post this in the video section over on the Mummy's Mask BGG page? The game could use more exposure.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.