Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Pattaya
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've checked everywhere but I'm still not sure if an enemy gets an Attack of Opportunity immediately when an investigator moves to its location?

I do understand that if you move there, the enemy will engage with you automatically & move to your threat area. But would this by itself trigger an Attack of Opportunity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Esto wrote:
I've checked everywhere but I'm still not sure if an enemy gets an Attack of Opportunity immediately when an investigator moves to its location?

I do understand that if you move there, the enemy will engage with you automatically & move to your threat area. But would this by itself trigger an Attack of Opportunity?

No. At the time of the action, you are not engaged with it. If after moving you do another action besides what prevents the Attack of Opportunity, it would then attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the rules in front of me but no, that would not provoke an AoO because you are not yet engaged.

After you are engaged, then you can provoke an AoO.

Edit: Ninja'd by the Arkham master!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fike
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you are in a hopeless position where you know you can't attack (because of the retaliate ability and high chance of failed skill test), can you simply forfeit your actions?

And if you do so, does that cause attack of opportunity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
You can end your turn without spending all your actions. This doesn't provoke AoO's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
when I do move do whith engaged minion on my back in which room does the AoO happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
bazik123 wrote:
when I do move do whith engaged minion on my back in which room does the AoO happen?

AoO's happen after you spend anything necessary to initiate the action and before that action occurs.

For movement, that means that you spend your action, take your damage and horror at the current location, resolve the damage and horror (assign, apply), then move your investigator.

A few other examples, for something like, say, playing an Ally asset, you would spend your action, spend your resources, then damage/horror etc. etc. from AoO, and only then can you put your Ally out (meaning the Ally you played couldn't soak any damage/horror). Then for, say, Dynamite Blast - you spend your action, spend five resources, you then take your AoO which kills you, the Dynamite Blast doesn't resolve as you died before its effect is allowed to impact on the table.

Spend everything that the action requires, resolve all AoO stuff, and then you can actually do the action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schmoo34 wrote:
If you are in a hopeless position where you know you can't attack (because of the retaliate ability and high chance of failed skill test), can you simply forfeit your actions?

And if you do so, does that cause attack of opportunity?

Don't forget Evade! The only reason not to Evade is because even an Elder Sign would not be a success or if there is enough really bad side effects in the other Chaos tokens, or if you need the Enemy to be engaged with you for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.