V-Commandos» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about the permanent skill of the BUTCHER character rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars Deelmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Butcher character has the Permanent skill: perform a close combat attack when visible.

Does that mean that he can kill every enemy (up to 15) on his tile when he is visible without usage of an action(point)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SonofRuss wrote:
The Butcher character has the Permanent skill: perform a close combat attack when visible.

Does that mean that he can kill every enemy (up to 15) on his tile when he is visible without usage of an action(point)?

I admit the wording of some abilities is vague. My understanding is it simply means that he isn't required to be Stealthy to perform the basic action "perform a close combat attack".

If the ability would be free (not costing an action) it would be marked as "0A", not "P" if that's of any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Deelmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I know what you mean but on the other side of the characters card this skill will cost 1 AP...
By your understanding the result will be the same:
Permanent skill + basic action = 1 AP
Special skill = 1 AP
Why use different skill AP's?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
SonofRuss wrote:
OK, I know what you mean but on the other side of the characters card this skill will cost 1 AP...
Special skill = 1 AP

Thanks for this feedback, this is a missprint, and I am sorry about that. The butcher can perform close combat attacks even when visible but he has to spend 1 action per attack, 1 attack kills 1 enemy (like any close combat attack).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Deelmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, fine. Thank you for the clarification and thank you for a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Thank you DjaliRiot and chadnorth !
mbmb
ThibaudMTL wrote:
SonofRuss wrote:
Special skill = 1 AP

Thanks for this feedback, this is a missprint, and I am sorry about that. The butcher can perform close combat attacks even when visible but he has to spend 1 action per attack, 1 attack kills 1 enemy (like any close combat attack).

Thibaud, no problem, just start reprinting your game Use KickStarter again if neccesarry. After playing yesterday night I allready regret not buying more copies. This game rocks and will be worth a lot on the aftermarket if no reprints are comming. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Olson
United States
Edina
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Wow, I'm glad I read this post.

This opens up all sorts of tactical options.

Let the meat cleaver fly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.