$35.00
Justin Weber
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just became active on BGG in the last couple of months. It definitely helps to take the hobby to another level. Right after describing to a friend that I wanted a campaign style dungeon crawl I found Gloomhaven. It looks awesome so I pre-ordered a copy. Then I found the 7th continent. This also looks cool, but it's too late to get a copy. Now I have found what seems to be a much lesser known game in Abyssal Rift. It also seems to be a campaign style dungeon crawl but is getting very little attention on the most anticipated games list. What is it about the first 2 that sets itself apart form the 3rd? Or has it just not caught on?
Also is the 7th continent different enough and good enough that I should try and find someone unloading a backer copy even though I am already getting gloomhaven. Is Perdition's Mouth missing something that makes it inferior and I shouldn't bother with it and just play gloomhaven when I get it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My hunch is that copies of 7th continent will be readily available for cheap once people start playing it. I think a lot of people are expecting too much of it, and will be disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stick with Gloomhaven and play it to death when you get it.
Don't walk into the same trap as every other user here and buy too many games in a too short amount of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug L
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Stick with Gloomhaven for now. By the time 7th Continent becomes available, you'll be looking for a new game anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.