Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Green
United Kingdom
Reading
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing this a couple of times with different groups of friends all of them ended up with the same basic problem. Sometimes you get a genuinely funny madlib from how a black and white card fit together. But more often you get a white card with some self-contained stupid/obscene text (like "Pacman continuously guzzling cum") which gets a dumb laugh no matter what sentence it's played with. It isn't super funny but when the competition is "Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Infinity" it's hard not to vote for it.

So I wonder if anyone has come up with any rules changes to limit this? Some options included
a) having several black cards to fit to instead of just one
b) drawing a random white card as well as the players' and comparing against that (this means the players must be more funny than randomness)
c) opening up discarding

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We always play with a random white card draw (dummy player is nicked named Rando). Rando often wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same with us. Unless we have 5+ players we always throw in a random white card as well. Rando has never won a game completely but he always does well. Some of the cards are simply trump cards in a lot of situations but it really depends on your group. The Pacman card is pretty funny/shocking the first few times around but it loses it's charm. Cleaver cards for us at least usually trump the more shocking cards. I think one of the favourite combos our group had was Why am I Sticky? + By giving 110% Neither question alone is horrible - but in the right combo perfection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.