Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Boberson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play this card, you immediately (and only once via this card) receive 2 silver per (stone and long) house you have (sheds do not count.)

It occurred to me yesterday that this can be taken two ways, especially as the 'stone and long' has been put in brackets.

Does it mean:

a) I receive 2 silver for every stone house that I have and also 2 silver for every long house that I have when I play the card

OR

b) I receive 2 silver for every set of 1 stone and 1 long house that I have when I play the card

In other words I have 1 stone house and 1 long house when I play this card. Do I receive 2 silver because I have a qualifying set (one of each house) or do I receive 4 silver (2 for each house)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's got to be a.
Those parenthesis aren't a mathematical equation. They're just encapsulating a reminder of what the types of houses are, and helping differentiate the houses from the shed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
It's got to be a.
Those parenthesis aren't a mathematical equation. They're just encapsulating a reminder of what the types of houses are, and helping differentiate the houses from the shed.

Seconded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree. It's saying you get 2 silver per house. The stuff in parentheses is just saying ("Remember, houses include stonehouses and longhouses, NOT sheds.").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.