United States
Orem
UT
flag msg tools
LONG LIVE SAMMY!
badge
Have you read the Psion series?
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything I should be aware of? Probably playing with 8. Do you recommend a turn by turn first like the rules say? Do the markers work well? I couldn't find a plastic film on the plastic sheets. Is there really one? Any music you recommend or is that too distracting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jacobugath wrote:
Anything I should be aware of? Probably playing with 8. Do you recommend a turn by turn first like the rules say? Do the markers work well? I couldn't find a plastic film on the plastic sheets. Is there really one? Any music you recommend or is that too distracting?

Never had a chance to play turn by turn my group just wanted to rush into the real time head on and it was fine.

I had 1 dead marker but the other 7 worked great, luckily I was in a meeting room at a hotel that had bucket of dry erase markers so you might want to test them all before the big day.

I think you will find the music too distracting as it's pretty stressful and chaotic in the best way but after some experience maybe an ambient background like this would work with the sonar pings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, nix the music.

Make sure the Captains sit near opposite radio operators and announce moves VERY clearly.

You MUST move at least once between systems activations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fsnam wrote:

I had 1 dead marker but the other 7 worked great,

I had the same thing, so make sure you test them or bring a spare.
I also couldn't find the extra foil and I had no problems.

One more thing: make sure captains say HEAD North, HEAD West. If they have to repeat the heading (because a teammate wasn't listening), just say North, West, ... Our radio operator made the mistake of going North twice when it was just repeated because someone misheard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Gowans
United States
Orem
UT
flag msg tools
LONG LIVE SAMMY!
badge
Have you read the Psion series?
mbmbmbmbmb
Found the plastic sheet on both covers. It's very very thin and you kind of have to rub the edge with your thumb to get it to separate from the plastic cover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.