Subject: iOS Glassroad $1.99 on iTunes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren N.
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
Didn't see this posted anywhere yet. Pretty sure it used to be around $4.99. Android still has it around $4.XX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wanted this until I looked at the reviews in the AppStore (average: ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At $2 (though more for me, as a Canadian), I wonder if it's worth picking up in the hopes they update it and improve the bugs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:
At $2 (though more for me, as a Canadian), I wonder if it's worth picking up in the hopes they update it and improve the bugs.

I haven't played it since the beta. As of the last round of the beta, I still could never play a game through to completion - it would crash before I could finish.

Not sure if that was my device or the app, and if it's been fixed or not.

Pretty implementation, but the back-end had issues IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace P.
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is minimally functional. I've only bothered playing against the AI. In a 2-player game, it takes about 20 minutes as the AI is a bit slow even with the max speed set. There are some odd interface issues, such as not having an undo button, can't pick your player color, a short description of the game popping up every time you start, etc.

I would say if you want to at least give the game a try, this is worth it. However, if you're looking for something polished, this is far from it. The app hasn't crashed on me, but it did do an odd final scoring thing the other day where I couldn't see my own final board. Still, I play it enough to say it was at least worth the initial price ($5?) I paid.

Oh and for what it's worth, the developer did send out an email update a week or two ago, saying they're still working on improving things. So, I assume more improvements will come, but I don't expect them to be quick.

Edit: I've only played it on iOS, not Android.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Frothingslosh
Canada
Caledon
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
hist wrote:

I haven't played it since the beta. As of the last round of the beta, I still could never play a game through to completion - it would crash before I could finish.

Bought yesterday - how could I resist? Love this game. But yes, buyer beware. Tried two games so far - both have crashed. So the developers definitely still have some bugs to work out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heidi S.
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I see the android version is $1.99 now. It has terrible reviews too, so buyer beware. But I'm in for one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Randougall wrote:
hestiansun wrote:
hist wrote:

Bought yesterday - how could I resist? Love this game. But yes, buyer beware. Tried two games so far - both have crashed. So the developers definitely still have some bugs to work out.

It says it was last updated November 1st 2016? That recent and it still doesn't work. Not in for 1, just sad for 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:

From a philosophical viewpoint, it couldn't be any worse then spending $10 to $70 on a boxed bg, only to have it sit on the shelf doing nothing. I will acknowledge that you can always resell physical bg, but depending on your situation, it may be too much hassle to find a buyer, or find a buyer willing to pay what you'd like. [shrug]

pastabatman wrote:
Wanted this until I looked at the reviews in the AppStore (average: ).

In general, I'd read some of the comments first. You do get some odd comments about stuff that really wasn't the dev's fault, or things blown a bit out of proportion. Mind you, I have been hearing this app could indeed use improvement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cave
United States
Myrtle Beach
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a 7 inch tablet, I found it impossible to read the cards. They had mentioned at some point of adding a zoom ability, but if they did, I can't figure it out. If I need to wear reading glasses to use an app on a tablet, even a smallish tablet, I'm out. The tutorial just seems to drag you along without really explaining itself, you should probably read the game's rules and skip their explanation. The whole app is just a confusing mess to me and every time I try to give it another go, I quickly bail out. I get the feeling that future updates will not address any of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.