GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,258 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
36 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals » Hot Deals - Europe

Subject: Rules of Play Cardiff - 50% off and FREE UK delivery rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Crawley
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mb
Local game shop offering 50% a wide selection of games and are offering free UK postage if you ring the shop and place an order. Not available through the website. Offer starts Friday 25th until Sunday 27th.

https://rulesofplay.co.uk/blogs/news/black-friday-board-game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
50% off what? You have to wonder about a seller who doesn't list the things on sale WITH a price ... and prefers to post a fuzzy picture of things that might or might not be in stock when you order them by email or phone (?!?).

Silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Davies
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
Y Ddraig Goch Ddyry Gychwyn.
badge
Go Team Blob Wheels.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be popping in at some point that's for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Whitelegg
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great.Anyone managed to get a list of games and prices?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Crawley
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mb
They are a very small local store, totally trustworthy and would be more than helpful if you rang them. Admittedly they dont have the best online system but still a great deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Short version:

1) Rules of Play are totally legit and reliable.

2) They have experienced a number of - er - 'problems' with the way they communicate and portray themselves online.

Think of them as a slightly Special Needs version of a normal games shop and you'll be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
i will email them at 12.01am!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're a good store, they're not a good online store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
they're not a good online store.
I can vouch for that
I tried searching for a few items that were shown in the pictures, these came up with zippo results:

Mangrovia
Canterbury
Zpocalypse

Searching on "wizard" (for Wizard's Brew) came up with 3 pages of results, but I don't think Wizard's Brew was on there (by this was getting a bit frustrated so may have overlooked it if it is indeed there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can vouch for them as well, I called in recently when I was in Cardiff, they had a spectacular selection, including some beautiful Crokinole tables.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Challenge the Snowflakes
mbmbmbmbmb
Some games are listed with prices.
For example, Scythe is listed at £67.

So the Black Friday deal would be £32.50 delivered. That's a pretty heavy discount if I am reading it right.

Others with discount:
Colony £27.50
Camel Up £6.50
A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition) £23.50
Love Letter Premium £14.00

and if you can use the sale to preorder then (gulp)
SeaFall £37.00
Pandemic Iberia £21.50
Pyramid Arcade £32.50
Dark Souls: The Board Game £40.00
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
the games pictured are in the sale, so not scythe etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Challenge the Snowflakes
mbmbmbmbmb
dwrecks wrote:
the games pictured are in the sale, so not scythe etc

I thought it was too good to be true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
I've emailed them for some prices for those games that I could identify from the photo. I'll happily post those prices here when they respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Compton
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just sent an email off too, great games, great prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United Kingdom
Neston
flag msg tools
mb
I do like how their games come with a fitting guide. Appropriate for those of us that a running out of space!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E VS
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a great shop and these look like great deals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Davies
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
Y Ddraig Goch Ddyry Gychwyn.
badge
Go Team Blob Wheels.
mbmbmbmbmb
seems like each game pictured is a 1 off item and they are taking orders via email so any good games will likely be gone by now. I was going to head to the shop on my lunch break but not sure it will be worth it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soichiro
Spain
Jerez de la Frontera
Cadiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they get overwhelmed with the amount of emails asking for prices and trying to book the games.

They posted:
These games are limited stock with one off copies of each game, and emails will be answered chronologically. If you don't hear back from us by Monday, it's likely the game you enquired about has been sold. Sorry, folks

I sent them an email yesterday night asking for Lord of Xidit and the prices of Bora bora, Rokoko and Duel of Ages 2.

As they didn't show the prices neither a way to buy them through the web, I don't know how are they going to manage it.

If I asked for Rokoko price and after me someone is saying I will buy Rokoko without knowing the price as he can expect that it's going to be great price, who is going to get it?

Anyway I'm not going to get mad or angry if I don't get any game, I do understand that they are going to have couple of crazy days ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Whitelegg
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keiwa wrote:
I think they get overwhelmed with the amount of emails asking for prices and trying to book the games.

They posted:
These games are limited stock with one off copies of each game, and emails will be answered chronologically. If you don't hear back from us by Monday, it's likely the game you enquired about has been sold. Sorry, folks

I sent them an email yesterday night asking for Lord of Xidit and the prices of Bora bora, Rokoko and Duel of Ages 2.

As they didn't show the prices neither a way to buy them through the web, I don't know how are they going to manage it.

If I asked for Rokoko price and after me someone is saying I will buy Rokoko without knowing the price as he can expect that it's going to be great price, who is going to get it?

Anyway I'm not going to get mad or angry if I don't get any game, I do understand that they are going to have couple of crazy days ahead.

Yeah. Asked about 3 games but not expecting any. Got the shop a bit of advertising anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
Shepherds Bush, London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keiwa wrote:

They posted:

Hands off my Bora Bora!!

Rokoko is always on the cheap on Amazon.de in dual language. Can normally pick it up for around 15-20 Eur

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mathews
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just been in there and nothing was on offer sadly as there was a few things I fancied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soichiro
Spain
Jerez de la Frontera
Cadiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hope they don't get too much hate from the people when what they are trying to do is to have several nice deals for the people
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Fish
msg tools
I spoke to them this morning (before the blog post was updated) and they were quite open about the situation.

They'd expected this to be seen by locals and a few regulars on their email list. They hadn't counted on it getting posted here, and have now been inundated with emails and DMs. (If BoardGameGeek was able to take down Riot Games when Mechs vs Minions was released, a FLGS is doomed!)

If anyone does get anything, enjoy it. If not, no worries, play nice

(We don't want to see a repeat of the way another (larger) retailer was treated last year.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
GameFish wrote:
I spoke to them this morning (before the blog post was updated) and they were quite open about the situation.

They'd expected this to be seen by locals and a few regulars on their email list. They hadn't counted on it getting posted here, and have now been inundated with emails and DMs. (If BoardGameGeek was able to take down Riot Games when Mechs vs Minions was released, a FLGS is doomed!)

If anyone does get anything, enjoy it. If not, no worries, play nice :)

(We don't want to see a repeat of the way another (larger) retailer was treated last year.)

If nothing else I had a fun 10 minutes sleuthing what was on the shelves in the pictures. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.