$35.00
Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Oilfield» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mistake in rulebook's setup image rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Abba Games Editions
msg tools
publisher
There is a mistake in the setup example at the rulebook (Page 14). The 3 depletion markers should begin the game in the top spot of each region, not out of them as shown in the picture.

Correct layout:



Sorry for this inconvenience.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Puram
United States
Cary
NC
flag msg tools
I hate my stupid username.
mbmbmbmbmb
--edited--

So, just to be clear... The two oilfields will be replenished twice, right? When the second oil field marker is moved to the bottom row, this triggers the end game, but you still replenish at that point, is that right?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paco Yanez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
goldengamer wrote:
--edited--

So, just to be clear... The two oilfields will be replenished twice, right? When the second oil field marker is moved to the bottom row, this triggers the end game, but you still replenish at that point, is that right?


Hi Chris,

Yes. Each time an Oilfield is replenished, its corresponding marker moves down, therefore it might be replenished up to two times.
When the game end is triggered, one last replenishment takes place.

Regards.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aku Diso
msg tools
mb
Quote:
Yes. Each time an Oilfield is replenished, its corresponding marker moves down, therefore it might be replenished up to two times.
When the game end is triggered, one last replenishment takes place.


Does that mean that you could fill the field up to three times, excluding setup? (Setup, First two times going down and then a final time?)
Or just two times?


On a relates news, yesterday, during a game, this was a point of discussion:
An oilfield was completely empty of oil (more than 8 blue cubes in the setting up), while all the others oilfield where still full.
We didn't know if you needed to keep replenishing the oilfield or not (the positioning of this rule just below the strike! rule is a bit ankward).
I'm happy to say that we didn't replenish the field.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paco Yanez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Akud wrote:

Does that mean that you could fill the field up to three times, excluding setup? (Setup, First two times going down and then a final time?)
Or just two times?


Hello Aku,
You may replenish each oilfield up to two times as max during the game.

Akud wrote:

On a relates news, yesterday, during a game, this was a point of discussion:
An oilfield was completely empty of oil (more than 8 blue cubes in the setting up), while all the others oilfield where still full.
We didn't know if you needed to keep replenishing the oilfield or not (the positioning of this rule just below the strike! rule is a bit ankward).
I'm happy to say that we didn't replenish the field.


If I understand well you did it well. You keep replenishing that oilfield till it runs out of oil twice, when you refill it for a last time.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.