Deep Madness» Forums » Variants

Subject: Monster selection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Charabaruk
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello All,

I have been kicking around an idea and am wondering what others think. In the rules it states that you have to have to select 6 monster types at the start of the game to be used for that scenario. Rather than do this, I'm thinking about shuffling all of the spawn cards together then as monsters are spawned their monster cards are placed under the investigators starting on the left and travelling right. As monster groups are taken out, their monster card is removed from the order and the gap left until a new monster group is spawned to fill it. If you have to spawn more monsters and there are still 6 different types out (you are probably screwed ) then you keep turning spawn cards until you find one with one of the existing monster groups and use it. Keep the cards that you didn't use while searching and shuffle them back into the spawn deck.

As the game isn't out yet I can't really see how well this would work and it might need some polish, but I think that it will allow for more variability in the monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will definitely try this! Great idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex A
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like how this keeps you on your toes. If you know the monsters that will spawn, you can plan in advance to be prepared or positioned to deal with them...but if they appear randomly from the list of available monsters per campaign, you'll have to deal with them as the come up. I love it, and imagine this would increase the difficulty and "terror" of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zsolt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Even though you know which monsters are to be spawned, you don't know where or how many. I think I'll play a few games before trying variations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.