Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say it can't be bought, but how do you get it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pillage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace P.
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Through raiding/pillaging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You must take it by raiding or pillaging. Remember that when pillaging, your roll gets boosted by the ore on one longboat. You can get a free +3 that way, plus whatever swords and stones you spend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
Remember that when pillaging, your roll gets boosted by the ore on one longboat.

That's the one thing that thematically has never made much sense to me. Why does having more ore increase your chances at pillaging, or whaling for that matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rumplesink wrote:
GAFBlizzard wrote:
Remember that when pillaging, your roll gets boosted by the ore on one longboat.

That's the one thing that thematically has never made much sense to me. Why does having more ore increase your chances at pillaging, or whaling for that matter?

I suspect because you've turned into weapons of some sort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MDJD wrote:
Rumplesink wrote:
GAFBlizzard wrote:

I figure permanent improvements on a boat for armor/shielding/warfare/harpoon launchers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
MDJD wrote:
Rumplesink wrote:
GAFBlizzard wrote:

I figure permanent improvements on a boat for armor/shielding/warfare/harpoon launchers.

There were a few times in the rulebook where it mentioned "arming" your ships with the iron. So yea I figured it was like spears and fortifications on the ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rumplesink wrote:
GAFBlizzard wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.