Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had forgotten I had already grabbed a decent shot for this month (to put in the game photo contest next month) and so did another one. But doing so puts me in a weird spot, as I now have two shots that I think might be good enough to submit, and I'm not sure which to go with?

Hilariously, one is Star Wars and one is Star Trek, so...it's back to the old Star Trek vs Star Wars debate!

Help a guy out - which of these should be my entry for the December contest (just a few days away)...

...at the moment, the Star Wars shot has the most thumbs, but I also seem to have posted it on the 1st of the month and the Star Trek shot just went up, so...

(Note to self: space out shots better, next time...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Wionzek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Star Trek shot looks super-awkward, with the hard shadows on the models making it look really "fake".

Where the upward-angle of the Star Wars shot with the nice backdrop adds a lot to making it look more natural, even with the flight stands in frame.

Personally I much prefer the Star Wars shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadows on the star field in the Star Trek shot ruin it for me. The flight stands in the Star Wars shot ruin it as well. Neither, okay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mack_me_Bucko wrote:
The flight stands in the Star Wars shot ruin it as well. Neither, okay?

You do realize that these are shots of game components, right? whistle

I prefer the Star Wars to the Star Trek shot. I think the backdrop gives it the edge....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a huge Star Trek fan, it's Trek for me any day over Star wars, but the truth is Wiz Kids sucks, Attack Wing quality sucks, it's so inferior to Fantasy Flight star wars models. The paint jobs are bad, some of the ships have bends, the scale is WAY off. Even the game play is a bit generic in some ways, but I do love the fact that the ships can go reverse. I give Star wars the win on this one, I'm big enough to say Star Trek is inferior.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragoonkin wrote:
The Star Trek shot looks super-awkward, with the hard shadows on the models making it look really "fake".

Where the upward-angle of the Star Wars shot with the nice backdrop adds a lot to making it look more natural, even with the flight stands in frame.

Personally I much prefer the Star Wars shot.
just commenting the unoriginal 'this'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.