Hide
3 Posts

Dead Men Tell No Tales» Forums » Rules

Subject: Continuing to reveal tiles when off the boat (or not)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Len Dean-King
msg tools
I finally got hold of a copy of this great game here in UK and I'm pretty clear on the rules but for one point. (apologies if it is elsewhere but I can't see it). The rules at end game say that until all pirates are off the ship, and the right number of treasures have been looted, then carry on taking turns as normal. So imagine this: I've got off the ship with a treasure and now I'm waiting for the last player to escape the burning decks and join me. I'm just standing there, off the ship. I know I have to do the revenge cards, I will pass all of my actions (unless I help by dousing fires and killing deckhands) but do I have to reveal new tiles? Thematically, I'm not moving, not searching, but it reads like I should still reveal tiles. Any definitive ruling on this please? Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LenDK62 wrote:
I finally got hold of a copy of this great game here in UK and I'm pretty clear on the rules but for one point. (apologies if it is elsewhere but I can't see it). The rules at end game say that until all pirates are off the ship, and the right number of treasures have been looted, then carry on taking turns as normal. So imagine this: I've got off the ship with a treasure and now I'm waiting for the last player to escape the burning decks and join me. I'm just standing there, off the ship. I know I have to do the revenge cards, I will pass all of my actions (unless I help by dousing fires and killing deckhands) but do I have to reveal new tiles? Thematically, I'm not moving, not searching, but it reads like I should still reveal tiles. Any definitive ruling on this please? Cheers.

Yes you reveal them. As the rules state "take your turn as normal", normal includes revealing tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Dean-King
msg tools
Well, I never mentioned my query to the group, and the situation arose, and they reached for the tiles without any question. Consequently I stand corrected on all fronts LOL. However, I still very much appreciate your confirmation of the game being played as it should. BTW, the damn boat blew to pieces - kegs and rooms in an almighty chain reaction! We ignored the rising flames as we seemed just a single move from securing that fourth treasure, thought we'd scrape victory me hearties, but nooo - KA-BLOOEY! It ended very badly but great fun. Cheersarrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.