$15.00
$30.00
$5.00
$20.00
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we all know that OG Brimstone Miniatures were justOK (<---- See the italics there?). We also know that things improved in Wave 1.5. I can't speak to Wave 1.75 as I was not lucky enough to get it.

The miniatures are nice to play with, especially as I get mine (ever.so.slowly.) painted up.

But here's the thing, this game is all about the cards. So I was hoping to get a tally of the cards (Some will certainly be guesses) that will be shipping with Forbidden Fortress and I could use some help.

Bottom line is I wanted to put together a good guesstimate on the number of cards coming.


Here's what is listed on the Kickstarter Page. This listing will continually be updated as time permits.

- Forbidden Fortress = 250 +
- Temple of Shadows = 135+
- OtherWorld - Forest of the Dead = 160 (Guess)

Exclusive Heroes
- Hero : Sumo (Game Cards) = 5 (Guess)
- Hero : Daimyo (Game Cards) = 5 (Guess)
- Hero : Trederran Veteran = 5 (Guess)

Card Packs
- Fortress of the Fallen = 15
- Devoured By Darkness = 15
- Belly of the Beast Artifact Pack #1 = 15
- Forbidden Fortress Artifact Pack #1 = 15
- The Sacred Mountains = 15 (Guess)

Allies
- Ally : Ronin Guard = ?
- Ally : Banner Bearer = ?
- Ally : Ashigaru Conscripts = ?
- Ally : Curious Monkey = ?

Enemies

- Enemy : XL Onmorake Carrion Phoenix = ?
- Enemy : XL Boss - Jorogumo Spider Queen = ?
- Enemy : Mini Boss - The Red Ronin = ?
- Enemy : Mini Boss - Undead Daimyo = ?
- Enemy : Spectral Horde = ?
- Enemy : Fallen Sorcerors = ?
- Enemy : Temple Dogs = ?
- Enemy : Kosugi Master and Ninja's = 30 (Guess)
- Enemy : Magma Fiends of Cynder = 6 (Guess)
- Enemy : Bone Eaters = 6 (Guess)
- Enemy : Flesh Mites = 6 (Guess)
- Enemy : Thunder Warriors = 6 (Guess)
- Enemy : Akaname Tongue Demons = 6 (Guess)
- Enemy : Takobake Riflement = 6 (Guess)
- Enemy : Scourge Dead = 6 (Guess)
- Enemy : Goryu = 6 (Guess)

445 Known Cards

713 Guesstimate with still alot of unknowns.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems that most enemy packs from OG Brimstone include 6 cards. The odd one includes 12.

So as a safe bet I think I'm going to put 6 (Guess) by the following enemy packs

- Enemy : Thunder Warriors = ?
- Enemy : Akaname Tongue Demons = ?
- Enemy : Takobake Riflement = ?
- Enemy : Scourge Dead = ?
- Enemy : Goryu = ?
- Enemy : Magma Fiends of Cynder = ?
- Enemy : Bone Eaters = ?



I believe the XL's and Mini-Bosses will come with less, but I'd like to get a few more opinions than just mine.
- Enemy : XL Onmorake Carrion Phoenix = ?
- Enemy : XL Boss - Jorogumo Spider Queen = ?
- Enemy : Mini Boss - The Red Ronin = ?
- Enemy : Mini Boss - Undead Daimyo = ?


Kosugi Master and Ninja's are a deluxe enemy pack and will include more. Again a couple more opinions...
- Enemy : Kosugi Master and Ninja's = ?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cards = game play, so yeah, I agree

You can make all the minis you want, especially thousands of different types of monsters, but unless they actually play different, it can get boring quickly.

So, I'm not impressed by games that have tons of miniatures - I know its 'value' that you can physically see and touch, but it isn't where the important value in a game is, for me.

Fortunately, Forbidden Fortress KS has unlocked a lot of miniatures AND I love the game play of the SoB game. Now, we just have to trust FFP will develop the monsters, cards and scenarios to make playing with this plastic actually FUN.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You should look into Gloomhaven, it seems to have about 1800(!) cards.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Glic2003 wrote:

You should look into Gloomhaven, it seems to have about 1800(!) cards.


Or MUNCHKIN? yuk
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Backed Gloomhaven and am eagerly awaiting it...

Munchkin? Well, I played it a few times but I think I'll pass.

In regards to Forbidden Fortress, what I am trying to get at is it's a good trusted game system and the cards make all the difference.

Really I just want to put together a guesstimated amount of cards that are coming with Forbidden Fortress because, well, that's where the gameplay is.

As Gold Five would say "Stay on Target!

P.O.G.G. wrote:
Glic2003 wrote:

You should look into Gloomhaven, it seems to have about 1800(!) cards.


Or MUNCHKIN? yuk
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your heroes are going to be tricky but you can expect between 2-3 Starting Items, 3 Initial Skill Cards (cannot remember their name) and then you have to look and see if they will have anything extra i.e The Daiymo might have 2-3 alternate ally set ups on cards and the Trederran veteran might have all the alternative factions as a card.

Average (for all) 5-6 plus add ons

As FFP have said that there is currently no plans for OW cards for the enemies in this release other than potentially BoB and FD you probably won't see more than two OW Threat Cards in each Enemy Set. Then there is usually 1 of green, yellow and red threat cards as a minimum with possible alternate extras in yellow and red (but not Epic unless it is an XL usually)

The Ninjas will probably have as a guide a number of cards equal to the Scafford Gang set (rather than the Serpentmen as they have Magik)

Might have to hit FFP in comments if they come back on
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jokeroz wrote:
Your heroes are going to be tricky but you can expect between 2-3 Starting Items, 3 Initial Skill Cards (cannot remember their name) and then you have to look and see if they will have anything extra i.e The Daiymo might have 2-3 alternate ally set ups on cards and the Trederran veteran might have all the alternative factions as a card.

Average (for all) 5-6 plus add ons

As FFP have said that there is currently no plans for OW cards for the enemies in this release other than potentially BoB and FD you probably won't see more than two OW Threat Cards in each Enemy Set. Then there is usually 1 of green, yellow and red threat cards as a minimum with possible alternate extras in yellow and red (but not Epic unless it is an XL usually)

The Ninjas will probably have as a guide a number of cards equal to the Scafford Gang set (rather than the Serpentmen as they have Magik)

Might have to hit FFP in comments if they come back on


Thanks. I was thinking somewhere along the same lines as you. It's all just a guestimate. I've updated and we'll discuss further if more people comment.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.