Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Buying for the first time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Birgul Jincon
msg tools
I need your help guys. I have played online games such as Armello, The Witcher Adventure Game, Tickets to Ride. Went to a friend's house and played for the first time (not digital) Eldrich Horror, Celestia, Tokaido, and I loved them. Now I ask you guys, what should I buy for myself, I want something that goes very well for solo players. I was thinking about Scythe, Mage Knight, Robinson Crusoe. Which one is easier to understand and very fun and cool to play? I don't really mind if it's difficult, I'm a quick learner . Sorry for my bad english
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KraTek wrote:
I was thinking about Scythe, Mage Knight, Robinson Crusoe. Which one is easier to understand and very fun and cool to play? I don't really mind if it's difficult, I'm a quick learner

Welcome abord, guard your wallet

I'm not sure if you're talking exclusively solo or want to play both solo and with others.

Mage Knight is a favorite over at the 1 Player guild for solo, but it plays less well with other people because turns can take a long time to think over.

Robinson is a game that punishes you more and more as you progress. You don't really 'power up' over the course of the game but rather just try and survive. Some people really like that, some don't. Since its co-op, it works well both solo and multiplayer, but it can leave you feeling beat down.

I haven't played Scythe but it has an automa for solo and is reportedly quite easy to play with it.

This is a great resource for solo games: 2015 People's Choice Top 100 Solo Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
Mage Knight is the KING of solo gaming.

Warning : Very hard to learn. Impossible to master.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birgul Jincon
msg tools
Thanks! I'm gonna go with Mage Knight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birgul Jincon
msg tools
Sorry about the double post, but i want to ask another question here, don't want to create a new thread because of it.

What type of sleeves are best for Mage Knight? Should i buy all the same? (clear)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Item for Geeklist "Card Sleeve Sizes for Games"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

Complexity:
Great with 1 or 2 player(s).

Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Complexity:
Great with 1 or 2 player(s).

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island

Complexity:
Great with 1-4 player(s).

Mage Knight Board Game

Complexity:
Great with 1, good with 2 player(s).

Fair warning: all these games are more complex than the ones you played before.

For reference, I would rate Eldritch Horror , Ticket to Ride .

For something less complex and expensive for 1 player, check out Friday.

Also, if you prefer a sci-fi theme, Star Trek: Frontiers is a re-themed Mage Knight using the Star Trek license.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.