Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For those of you who don't follow Warhammer TV or the Blood Bowl facebook page, you might be interested to know that they just uploaded the third of a three part series on how to paint the launch teams in Blood Bowl. The first video, covering the Reikland Reavers, also gives useful information on how to apply the decals that come in the box.

These are not the same painting instructions given in the rulebook. The painting guide in the rulebook is more beginner friendly, while I would classify this more intermediate. It will take you a bit longer and require more paint colors, but there is more layering and highlighting to really bring the miniature to life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I'll be using these to get my teams going, but I want to go darker for Black Orcs. What colour would work, Caliban Green?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Lara
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mb
Great videos, really nice to see the process. I will try to follow them painting my minis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
Yeah I'll be using these to get my teams going, but I want to go darker for Black Orcs. What colour would work, Caliban Green?

Caliban green is quite a bit darker. Here's a pic I took of caliban green and waagh flesh for comparison (these are a little washed out in the pic because of the bright light, but at least you can compare!):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You think it's too dark for the Black Orcs? Should I just stick with the Waaagh! Flesh and use a different shade, like Coelia Greenshade to distinguish them from the others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
What you do, is re-shade and re-highlight after you "finish" the flesh. this will give a deeper, more gradated colour, with the same top highlight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:

You can consider just re-shading the miniature. You can also basecoat in white, if you want, which will make your darker base colors a bit brighter, then apply the shade.

While I found these videos instructive, *most* new players who don't have some experience painting will just be frustrated trying to follow these instructions. Not to mention that each pot of paint goes for $3-$5 and the brushes are $10 each. I mean, you're looking at $100 USD of paint and brushes, minimum.

For new players, don't get sucked into that rabbit hole. Buy craft paints at $0.89 each, and only in colors for a base coat - one color. Buy bright and light colors. You shouldn't need more than 4 or 5. Base coat the models, then use the washes on them. Call it done. If you want, paint the top of the base around the model's feet with PVC glue dip it in sand.

They will look great and involve a minimal amount of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Be Lasch
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thanks for the videos

I have never painter minotaur Before. My goal is not the have the perfect minotaur, but they should look better then out the box.

I have painter 4 orc lineman, and use a baser to all orc players

All 12 player, 4 painted

Front

Back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
These look GREAT! From a normal playing table at 1 or 1.5 meters these are going to look awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Painted minis teams roll better than not painted teams. True story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.