Subject: Spore polluter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can an organism with spore ability and pollution ability pollute all the rows or only the genuine home row?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As written, Spore gives you the ability to buy mutations from any row.

"Pollute" isn't an action, so much as a side effect, so it only pollutes the home row of the organism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Domfluff wrote:
As written, Spore gives you the ability to buy mutations from any row.

Well this is certainly confusing then:

E2 wrote:
• Spore. If it has a Mutation with the spore icon, a Microorganism may consider any row to be its home row.

And

From the Glossary wrote:
• (spore icon) all the rows are home rows, so you can assign or buy Mutations anywhere (E2, H1),

Reading this, I must interpret this to say that for all intent and purposes, the spore icon makes all rows home rows including for pollution attacks. It makes sense as well. If I can assign my bionts anywhere, I can also *cough, cough* spread some pollution anywhere.

If this is not the case than the rules need a solid rewrite as to when and when not spore applies.

E2 wrote:
• Spore. If it has a Mutation with the spore icon, a Microorganism may consider any row to be its home row for assignement of bionts.

From the Glossary wrote:
• (spore icon) all the rows are home rows, for the purpose of assignment (E2) and buying Mutations (H1),
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Derphausen
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
NoDDs wrote:
If I can assign my bionts anywhere, I can also *cough, cough* spread some pollution anywhere.

If this spore-polluter-combo is legal, there is at least one small limitation, i.e. the polluter needs to have acquired the spore ability in a previous round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Was there any resolution on this?

Last night, my opponent triggered pollution - his organism making the purchase and my organism were both continental, but my organism had the spore ability.

Could it avoid the pollution by declaring another home row?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.