Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Movement charts
I decided to do something with the retro paper&pen style planning this excellent game adopts. I mean it works fine, it just takes too much table space and it is generally a bit cumbersome. Unlike in Canvas Eagles (= Blue Max) where you plan your speed, in Check Your 6 your speed is set before planning. That means that you really focus on one row of horizontal maneuvers related to your speed.

I first re-created the planning charts so each one is related just to a particular aircraft or set of aircraft. This reduces the general information it holds to what you really need:

Each column of horizontal movement is labelled L (left), R (right) or an icon for forward movement.

2. Planning wheel
This re-labeling allowed me to crate a simple planning dial:

You rotate the wheel to plan the horizontal portion of the maneuver, and the arrow to plan the vertical portion.
My wheels are made of plexi-glass, but you can indeed use cardboard.
The dial is universal for all types of aircraft, it simply holds all the horizontal maneuvers.

3. Aircraft cards
Another thing i made are the aircraft cards. They hold all the aircraft stats, as well as let you keep track of the damage and other things.

I also made an additional management card for bombers that holds the information on gun setup, and let you blank the killed crewmen.

4. Game tokens
I designed variety of game tokens that describe the results of both basic and special damage, help you blank out the killed crew, and mark other situations that can occure during the game.

5. Hint cards
You can use these cards to give a hint to the pilot that is tailing you.

I am uploading all the source files to the file section, just in case you are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Mummery
United States
Oxnard
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Very cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ballou
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The planning wheel is very clever!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.