Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw a documentary on Netflix called "Above And Beyond" made in 2014, about American WW2 pilots who volunteered to defend the newly-created state of Israel in 1948. Of course it was the reminder I needed to pledge on the Kickstarter page...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thoth Amon wrote:
Saw a documentary on Netflix called "Above And Beyond" made in 2014, about American WW2 pilots who volunteered to defend the newly-created state of Israel in 1948. Of course it was the reminder I needed to pledge on the Kickstarter page...

I'll definitely look into it, Thoth. And you made the right choice... I can only hope we can convince more people to donate enough dough to break $20K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On KickStarter in general
I really like it as a way of getting games that I want published!

When IAFL hits $20K in pledges - then all of our money (minus the KS company %) will be seed money for DVG to deliver to each of us a great game* in 2017.

IMO it is better than the old DVG pre-order system in advertising and marketing and managing those pre-orders (I had pre-order IAFL and HueyLeader about 4 years ago and IAFL just wasn't getting enough pre-orders ).

A bonus of IAFL kick starter is DVG is offering other goodies at a discount as add ons!

I really enjoyed PL and look forward to IAFL expanding those mechanism and offering new challenges and opportunities!

* There are always risks with being a backer, DVG has delivered, were as other KS proponents, individuals & companies either never deliver or never intended too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Huey Leader ever coming out or have they given up on it? It's the one I'd most like to play, cause it's like a "prequel" to Thunderbolt Apache Leader with older helicopters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe HL is in the works.

We might see it in 2017.

I'm hoping that it will include a ground component.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
And I hope it'll come with an expansion for TAL in the sense that there'll be the return of Friendly Battalions, supplying units and all that jazz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And a mechanism for friendly fire
For the historical realism
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
davidinsydney2 wrote:
And a mechanism for friendly fire
For the historical realism

...Yep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Beckler
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidinsydney2 wrote:
On KickStarter in general
I really like it as a way of getting games that I want published!

When IAFL hits $20K in pledges - then all of our money (minus the KS company %) will be seed money for DVG to deliver to each of us a great game* in 2017.

IMO it is better than the old DVG pre-order system in advertising and marketing and managing those pre-orders (I had pre-order IAFL and HueyLeader about 4 years ago and IAFL just wasn't getting enough pre-orders ).

A bonus of IAFL kick starter is DVG is offering other goodies at a discount as add ons!

I really enjoyed PL and look forward to IAFL expanding those mechanism and offering new challenges and opportunities!

* There are always risks with being a backer, DVG has delivered, were as other KS proponents, individuals & companies either never deliver or never intended too.

I agree entirely... as I've said elsewhere, I really hope DVG sticks to just using the Kickstarter model. It seems like they intend to since I don't *think* they've put any additional titles up for pre-order in the past year or so (I think they are still accepting pre-order for titles that already had that option).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.