7 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Noob MK junky rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Unknown Undisclosed
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got MK last week. I played the introductory scenario a few time, still trying to get all the rules. Today I received LL and SoT (Krang on the way).

Should I mix or play vanilla for a while?
All in all how many sleeves do I need for the whole collection?
Which files should I print from Bgg? Lots of interesting stuff it seems.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Baldan
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Try playing 'Vanilla' first. To help you get into the game, watch Rick Royal's walktrought on Youtube, it helped me a lot to understand the game better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
You could play vanilla just fine.

I would add unique hero cards, skills, new advanced actions, new spells and new artifacts from Lost Legion. Hero cards add immediate sense of differentiation for the heroes. New AA's/spells/artifacts don't add a whole lot of complexity, though you certainly don't need their variety either.

I would add errata cards/enemies from Lost Legion. Not necessary fixes, but might as well do it now and not wait a month or two.

I'd skip new enemies from Lost Legion. Combat was toughest for me to learn and LL enemies add more variety (= more stuff to learn).

Now that you've played First Recon more than once I'd stick with Solo Conquest for a while. Once you have a good feel on that check out Volkaire scenarios or solo tweaks of base game scenarios.

Useful sleeves geeklist:
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/item/2911254#item2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Undisclosed
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Undisclosed
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nekku wrote:

Whoaa this thread is huge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Arnold
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I say mix away. LL and even Tezla just don't add that many new things. I started right off with LL and it was never a problem. A few more monster symbols, but that's about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Sörhuus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No need to push it .Vanilla is sufficient for most people. It is super the way it is, but very complex. The more you add, the longer and harder it will be. Add LL after some time (I did after a few years). WAIT with SoT - it makes things a lot more puzzly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.