7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Games with 3d board tiles ( co-op ) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matt v
msg tools
Hi everyone !

I'm a new player to the tabletop games and so far I'm loving it. My first and only experience is with D&D Legend of Drizzt.

I've been looking for some new games to play as well and we have decided ( my girlfriend and I ) to not bother with the other D&D adventure games as they are all fairly similar.

Instead we are looking for games that have 3d dungeon tiles. I know some people make custom tiles ( Super dungeon explorer ) for custom order but are there any other games that come with or you can buy 3d dungeon tiles for? I really like the idea of a 3d dungeon over the basic cardboard tiles. I've seen Mage Knight with cardboard tiles but then I've seen " Mage Knight Dungeons " which I assume is a different game -- but you can get 3d game tiles for it.

I appreciate all the help with this one! As for game style, we prefer co-op games playable with 2 people but occasionally 4 players.

Thanks folks !

Just an example of the 3d tile sort of game we are looking for I don't know if some of the pictures I've seen of 3d dungeons are just for fun / not game related just collectors "playing". This example is of a custom 3d tile set for Super Dungeon Explorer.

I've got a big custom micro suede gaming table that would LOVE to have a 3d tile set on it

My Table :

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
Descent Second Edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt v
msg tools
Thanks for the suggestion ! It does look fairly similar to Legend of Drizzt although it does have some 3d pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Descent is superior. Note that 1 player need to control the game/monsters (called overlord). but there's an app that does that very well for you if you don't mind including a phone/tablet in the experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt v
msg tools
nelag_macdahmer wrote:
Descent is superior. Note that 1 player need to control the game/monsters (called overlord). but there's an app that does that very well for you if you don't mind including a phone/tablet in the experience.

I was quite interested in Descent : Journey into the dark but was turned away by the overlord role due to just having 2 of us playing most of the time. Do you mean a phone app can control the overlord role as AI instead of one of us having to play it?

I do like that there are some little cardboard 3d parts with it.

- Super Dungeon Explore - I've read some really good things about it. The only difficulty is the custom 3d tiles are very pricey once you add in painted options.

-Descent : Journey into the dark : Has some 3d cardboard tile elements to it.

Going to try and put a list together from everyone's suggestions. I'm not sure if my interest in the 3d game boards is a one off sort of thing or if others also have the same fascination

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
You think that's air you're breathing?
badge
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant That We Should voyage far.
mbmbmbmbmb
mvs2 wrote:
Do you mean a phone app can control the overlord role as AI instead of one of us having to play it?

Yes.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/3/15/road-to...

Road to Legend by Fantasy Flight Games
https://appsto.re/us/EOICbb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nelag_macdahmer wrote:
Descent is superior.
Not really.
nelag_macdahmer wrote:
Note that 1 player need to control the game/monsters (called overlord).
... and that's why!

Games with actual 3D components (apart from monster minis) are rare.
Sounds like your best bet would be the golden oldie: HeroQuest Advanced Quest
(also requires an 'overlord', though.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.