Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Sherry
United States
Great Falls
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to confirm: the scenario tells you what the players start with in their reserve and fatigue zones. Am I correct in assuming no gems are moved in the first turn? Otherwise it would be somewhat pointless to start with a number of gems in the zone that come back automatically at the start of the turn anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No you still get back a certain amount based on your stance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sherry
United States
Great Falls
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the Overlord too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Knight wrote:
And the Overlord too?

Yes. It looks like it wouldn't make sense to start with 5 gems less if he gets them back anyway, but it matters as the overlord can spend gems to defend during the players' turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dystopian wrote:
Black Knight wrote:
And the Overlord too?

Yes. It looks like it wouldn't make sense to start with 5 gems less if he gets them back anyway, but it matters as the overlord can spend gems to defend during the players' turn.

Sidebar: If the hero starts with 5 in reserve and wants them all back immediately then he has to change into the Cautious stance, which means he can do nothing but defend until his 2nd turn. That may not be viable in any given scenario.

The reason for starting heroes off with some of their gems "used up" is essentially to keep the heroes from being able to storm in using their full force on their first turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sherry
United States
Great Falls
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks. I hope that's explained in the revised rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hoffmann
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Knight wrote:

Why would it need to be explained? The rules tell you what to do on your turn, and that includes retrieving gems. Nothing anywhere implies the first turn is any different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sherry
United States
Great Falls
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording of what to do with the gems to start in the scenarios, versus the standard turn, creates ambiguity, in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Man
msg tools
I still think it's a detail that has no influence on the outcome of the game. This subtle element had no effect to any of our games so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rydiafan wrote:
Black Knight wrote:

Why would it need to be explained? The rules tell you what to do on your turn, and that includes retrieving gems. Nothing anywhere implies the first turn is any different.

No, but quite often this is the case, so it doesn't hurt to clarify it. It's the difference between "correct" rules and "clear" rules, as they are written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.