Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

V-Commandos» Forums » General

Subject: duplicate tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anyone else got duplicates? or just me?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
After all, a murder is only an extroverted suicide.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's amazing how many threads pop-up about missing components, duplicates... it's not very reassuring.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no missing components in the game boxes, but yes some tiles are in double.

Please check this thread for more info: [url]https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1677183/v-commandos-box-con... [/url]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
Avatar
mbmbmb
Eawyne wrote:
It's amazing how many threads pop-up about missing components, duplicates... it's not very reassuring.
And all of them - I have seen - turn out to be false alarm
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cool, just double checking
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad to hear about duplicates though, I always dislike seeing the same art twice on a single map.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Sad to hear about duplicates though, I always dislike seeing the same art twice on a single map.

For a lot of the tiles in question, I don't think it is much of a big deal -- it is fairly generic bit of "terrain" but a particular layout OF such bits may require more than one of the same sort of thing. Making each unique is just adding a lot to the art cost without any real value.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nostradunwhich wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
Sad to hear about duplicates though, I always dislike seeing the same art twice on a single map.

For a lot of the tiles in question, I don't think it is much of a big deal -- it is fairly generic bit of "terrain" but a particular layout OF such bits may require more than one of the same sort of thing. Making each unique is just adding a lot to the art cost without any real value.


Yet games that are cheaper in total actually do it.

But anyways, it's not like this will change, so it's just better to accept it. Just disappointed
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The duplicates are fine, bearing in mind they're all double sided. Without them you wouldn't be able to have certain combinations of tiles.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.