flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

the FAQ says:

A marked tribal card you can use as followed:

A) Place in your personal display if you can pay the cost
B) take to your hand if you have no hand card
C) discard the card
D) do nothing (the card stays where it is)

Regarding a ware card, option B isn't allowed.
I may do A and D, use the card or pass.
What about C?

May I just discard the ware card to get a tribal card for the next turn?

ANOTHER Question.

Regarding the oasis which grants me an extra salt/date/pepper if I didn't receive any from a ware card during my turn, what if I take all actions which let me receive wares from ware cards and then I build the oasis, I still wouldn't get the extra ware or am I wrong?
I wouldn't receive any wares from ware cards during my turn after the effect of the oasis takes place but I think this would be kind of cheating^^

PS. Andy ich finde deinen Namen hier im Forum einfach zu köstlich. Letzten Freitag habe ich das erste Mal Stockbrot gegessen und am Tag darauf das erste Mal Targi gespielt^^

Ich freue mich schon auf neue Partien dieses We, dann aber mit der Erweiterung^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
C) discard the card

What about C?

Judging from the way it works at yucata.de, I think option C) isn't viable. You can only either take the card to get resources or leave the card.

Roger the Alien wrote:
Regarding the oasis which grants me an extra salt/date/pepper if I didn't receive any from a ware card during my turn, what if I take all actions which let me receive wares from ware cards and then I build the oasis, I still wouldn't get the extra ware or am I wrong?

No, you wouldn't get any resources. The card checks at the end of the turn if you haven't gotten any resources from cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your effort and time answering me.
The problem I see here is that I own the physical board game whereas you play a digital implementation of it and you never know how well the rules are implemented.

For example the designer often stated in several threads that you are allowed to receive the extra ware during your turn as long as you can prove that you wouldn't receive any ware through a ware card during your turn.

It is valid to use the extra ware during that turn to buy a tribal card whereas your site doesn't offer the option as I can see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand your first question. Can't you just take the resources and discard down if needed at the end of your turn. What would be the purpose of an option to discard the card without receiving the resources?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
Hello,

the FAQ says:

A marked tribal card you can use as followed:

C) discard the card

What about C?

ANOTHER Question.

I wouldn't receive any wares from ware cards during my turn after the effect of the oasis takes place but I think this would be kind of cheating^^

PS. Andy ich finde deinen Namen hier im Forum einfach zu köstlich. Letzten Freitag habe ich das erste Mal Stockbrot gegessen und am Tag darauf das erste Mal Targi gespielt^^

Ich freue mich schon auf neue Partien dieses We, dann aber mit der Erweiterung^^

Hey Martin

You can discard a ware card (not taking a good and discard it to make room for a tribe card). In most cases this does not make sense because most of the time it is better to just take the good BUT if You have the oasis card that gives You a ware if You did not receive one, it can make sense to get a kind that is not on the table at the moment!

For the second part of the question, no cause Targi is played in rounds and You HAVE received wares that round even if You placed the tribe card during that round.

Stockbrot war eigentlich eine Notlösung als ich vor vielen Jahren meinen ersten PC gekauft hatte und für einen Chat kurzfristig einen Namen brauchte. Alle Namen die ich verwendete waren schon besetzt, da ich am Abend zuvor Stockbrot gegessen hatte, probierte ich das und siehe da Stockbrot war noch frei
Habe ich dann einfach beibehalten und heiße überall im Netz so.
Sehr witzig mit Deinem zeitnahen Stockbro t/ Targi Erlebniss
Gibt mir doch bitte Rückmeldung wie Du die Erweiterung findest!

Greetings
Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:
I don't understand your first question. Can't you just take the resources and discard down if needed at the end of your turn. What would be the purpose of an option to discard the card without receiving the resources?

STOCKBROT wrote:
Hey Martin

You can discard a ware card (not taking a good and discard it to make room for a tribe card). In most cases this does not make sense because most of the time it is better to just take the good BUT if You have the oasis card that gives You a ware if You did not receive one, it can make sense to get a kind that is not on the table at the moment!

That was the reason why I asked.
Thank you for the outstanding performance in the forums, you always answer very fast.
STOCKBROT wrote:
For the second part of the question, no cause Targi is played in rounds and You HAVE received wares that round even if You placed the tribe card during that round.

Stockbrot war eigentlich eine Notlösung als ich vor vielen Jahren meinen ersten PC gekauft hatte und für einen Chat kurzfristig einen Namen brauchte. Alle Namen die ich verwendete waren schon besetzt, da ich am Abend zuvor Stockbrot gegessen hatte, probierte ich das und siehe da Stockbrot war noch frei
Habe ich dann einfach beibehalten und heiße überall im Netz so.
Sehr witzig mit Deinem zeitnahen Stockbro t/ Targi Erlebniss
Gibt mir doch bitte Rückmeldung wie Du die Erweiterung findest!

Greetings
Andy

Right now I am reading the rules of the expansion and I already think the expansion has quite interesting mechanics e.g. water, dunes, the targia.
You will receive my feedback after some matches^^

Greetings from Ratingen next to Düsseldorf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
The problem I see here is that I own the physical board game whereas you play a digital implementation of it and you never know how well the rules are implemented.

For example the designer often stated in several threads that you are allowed to receive the extra ware during your turn as long as you can prove that you wouldn't receive any ware through a ware card during your turn.

It is valid to use the extra ware during that turn to buy a tribal card whereas your site doesn't offer the option as I can see it.

I own and have played the physical copy as well. The rules are normally implemented very well to the point where they serve as reference for edge cases.

This special cases, however, is indeed not implemented. (Which is because it's more user friendly. It would be too much of a hassle to handle the other 95% of the cases where you will always take the resources.) I've never heard of it before and I would even have said that this wouldn't be possible. It's always a bit odd if a game state check ("Have you received any resources this turn?") depends on possible future states of a game ("There's no way I can get resources").

The way the card should be worded properly is that you can use it to gain any resource, but you can only use it if you haven't gotten a resource from a card yet, and if you use it you can't gain resources from cards for the rest of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.