Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The rules state the saved +1 token use the same rules as the 0 action costs , does this mean they can be used for +1 actions between enemey steps and friendly actions?

Initially I was thinking that Alarms were only set off by actions on their terrain tiles , however I quickly realised terrain meant the collection of tiles represented by the Terrain Card.

I am sure we played the Demo differently at UK games expo - have the rules changed ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:

The rules state the saved +1 token use the same rules as the 0 action costs , does this mean they can be used for +1 actions between enemey steps and friendly actions?

I am not sure to understand your question at 100%. You can perform actions costing 0 action (such as blowing up a TNT or picking up an equipment token on the ground) or use a +1 action token anytime during the commandos turn and between the enemy steps.

Starman54 wrote:
Initially I was thinking that Alarms were only set off by actions on their terrain tiles , however I quickly realised terrain meant the collection of tiles represented by the Terrain Card.

I am sure we played the Demo differently at UK games expo - have the rules changed ?

To swith off an alarm you must be standing on the ringing alarm's tile and spend 1 action. Rules did not change since UKGE, maybe these was a misunderstanding at the time.

I hope I answered your questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Langer
Germany
Coburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
FIS Franconian Gaming Club
badge
History teacher at work
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:

Hi there. This is also a rule that I didn't get in the beginning. Have a look at the explanation box p. 9 "Using a +1 Action Token", especially example 2 - it helped me a lot. And if you use it on connection with "When to execute an Action costing 0 Action?" on page 6, I'd say that you could also use the +1 Tokens after the enemy shooting step - if that's what your question aims at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornicer wrote:
Starman54 wrote:

Hi there. This is also a rule that I didn't get in the beginning. Have a look at the explanation box p. 9 "Using a +1 Action Token", especially example 2 - it helped me a lot. And if you use it on connection with "When to execute an Action costing 0 Action?" on page 6, I'd say that you could also use the +1 Tokens after the enemy shooting step - if that's what your question aims at.

That's perfectly correct. Thanks for your help on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amazing Ant
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question please...
page 9.... example 2... 2 enemy units enters the commando tile. a commando with a +1 token can perform a close combat action BEFORE the enemy shooting step. can a commando do any 0 or 1 action BEFORE the enemy shooting happens?
shoot first, open a trap door, exiting through a trap door and so on....?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Langer
Germany
Coburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
FIS Franconian Gaming Club
badge
History teacher at work
mbmbmbmbmb
AmazingAnt wrote:
page 9.... example 2... 2 enemy units enters the commando tile. a commando with a +1 token can perform a close combat action BEFORE the enemy shooting step. can a commando do any 0 or 1 action BEFORE the enemy shooting happens?

When you look at the box about 0 cost actions on p. 6, you can see that you can use a 0 or 1 cost action before the enemies shoot, because you can do the action "before or after one of the enemy steps".

i.e.:
Enemy Phase
[0/+1 Action possible]
1. Enemy Reinforcement Step
[0/+1 Action possible]
2. Enemy Movement Step
[0/+1 Action possible]
3. Enemy Shooting Step
[0/+1 Action possible]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amazing Ant
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thank you! This is how I understand it.
So we can say the +1 token has an interrupt effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornicer wrote:
AmazingAnt wrote:

When you look at the box about 0 cost actions on p. 6, you can see that you can use a 0 or 1 cost action before the enemies shoot, because you can do the action "before or after one of the enemy steps".

i.e.:
Enemy Phase
[0/+1 Action possible]
[0/+1 Action possible]
2. Enemy Movement Step
[0/+1 Action possible]
3. Enemy Shooting Step
[0/+1 Action possible]

Enemy Phase
[0/+1 Saved Action possible]
2. Enemy Movement Step
3. Enemy Shooting Step

@Thiabaud

I am sure at the UKEXPO once we silenced the Alarm it was cut off for good - or maybe we assumed that when you were distracted - we saw it as destroying a Klaxon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AmazingAnt wrote:
Great! Thank you! This is how I understand it.
So we can say the +1 token has an interrupt effect.

That's exactly what it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:

@Thiabaud

I am sure at the UKEXPO once we silenced the Alarm it was cut off for good - or maybe we assumed that when you were distracted - we saw it as destroying a Klaxon.

Yes, I was probably distracted, because this rule never changed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.