Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only ever tried Heroes of the Aturi Cluster as a solo / Co-op for X-Wing. It is Fantastic!

Requires a decent amount of Print N Play though.

http://dockingbay416.com/campaign/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Björk
Sweden
Halmstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don´t mind testing things out on a computer, I´d recommend X-wing Benchmark.

http://xws-bench.github.io/bench/#

Very basic AI, but you can always choose to control both squads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
badge
"Say my name"
mbmbmbmbmb
The one mentioned in thiss thread is the one I use, and works quite well:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/875898/web-based-applet-x-w...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Medic_gbg wrote:
If you don´t mind testing things out on a computer, I´d recommend X-wing Benchmark.

http://xws-bench.github.io/bench/#

Very basic AI, but you can always choose to control both squads.

VERY basic AI.

Like, sometimes just flies off the board in turn one.

If you're willing to play on a computer, grabbing Tabeltop Simulator or Vassal is a much better way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster is okay with 1, but better with 2 or 3.

Also, go to the "community wiki" from the main page and select "more". Scroll down to see a list of variants. There are some solo play ones. Xwing solo I think they are called.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster is great for a solo game/campaign. But I haven't found a good system for one on one. Wings of Glory (WWI air planes) has a very good app for AI combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane P
United States
South Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
E-Bay.
Get out of this game before it eats up all your ca$h.
You have been warned. All the ships you learn to like or use will be obsolete in 2 waves. You need 2 of everything just to have the cards to compete with everyone else, who already pre-ordered it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heliodorus04 wrote:
E-Bay.
You have been warned. All the ships you learn to like or use will be obsolete in 2 waves. You need 2 of everything just to have the cards to compete with everyone else, who already pre-ordered it

Somebody is being the voice of dissent. This game is growing and if you are looking to have a casual good time what you buy does not matter.

As a general rule the X-wing community is extremely welcoming and embraces new players. Find a local game group if you can and you will have new friends for life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sallay
msg tools
mbmb
SwampMonster wrote:
Heliodorus04 wrote:
E-Bay.

Somebody is being the voice of dissent. This game is growing and if you are looking to have a casual good time what you buy does not matter.

As a general rule the X-wing community is extremely welcoming and embraces new players. Find a local game group if you can and you will have new friends for life.

It's true. I have about 10 ships in addition to the base game and I feel pretty good about it. I may pick up the imperial/rebel aces, but that is about it. I have enough to try out several strategies on both sides and plenty of cards to keep me busy for years. I have no desire to play this competitively, but I think that it still would be cheaper than magic if I did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.