7 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Arkham Smackdown (Scenario 2 spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I finally got through the first scenario and got pit into Arkham, playing Skids and Daisy. First turn I manage to get out a Wizard of the Order. I foolishly left him alone for a turn. But then an acolyte appears, so I now have four doom tokens out. Skids goes to take out the Wizard, and fails, completely, taking two damage from the Retaliate, and then one more in the enemy phase. With the doom already past six, The Masked Hunter appears and engages the lead investigator. So basically game over in three turns. Guess I need to get a better start...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sometimes it's like that.
One bad round of bag draws and crap in your hand and it's over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone can tell me I'm playing wrong, but from your description it sounds like you're counting the Doom tokens on the cultists as being Doom tokens for advancing the Agenda. My interpretation is that the Doom on the Cultists is for the Skull Chaos token resolution and doesn't accelerate the Agenda. (?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
cafin8d wrote:
Someone can tell me I'm playing wrong, but from your description it sounds like you're counting the Doom tokens on the cultists as being Doom tokens for advancing the Agenda. My interpretation is that the Doom on the Cultists is for the Skull Chaos token resolution and doesn't accelerate the Agenda. (?)

Doom tokens on all cards count towards advancing the agenda, but only during the specific step in the Mythos phase (unless otherwise stated on a card effect, like the encounter card in the first scenario).

I had been playing this incorrectly myself, as I was advancing the agenda as soon as the threshold was reached.

Cultists can accumulate doom that would take you to or above the threshold, but then you get a turn to deal with them. If you clear them from the board and the agenda itself doesn't have enough doom to advance during the next Mythos phase, then you're all good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DreadFool wrote:
Doom tokens on all cards count towards advancing the agenda, but only during the specific step in the Mythos phase (unless otherwise stated on a card effect, like the encounter card in the first scenario).

Dolh. I see it now on p3 of the Rules Ref. Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yes, I was unclear on it at first as well. I was like, why put doom tokens on an enemy? Then I found the rule, and yes it's at the end of the Mythos phase so it won't advance the agenda until next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had four on that wizard, eight total, but was able to get Roland in position to nuke him with dynamite from a connected location. Felt real good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.