Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carmine Migliore
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys I am trying to buy the promo pack from Eagle's site which consists in 7 cards but... And that's the funny part... They are charging 15 dollars for shipping. Contacting them has made me even more confused because they say that they can't ship via letter as their postal office doesn't allow them. Two Questions

Have you ever heard of this restriction from US postal service?

Is any of you able to sell a copy with affordable shipping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The postal service won't ship something letter unless it's "relatively" flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ashmore
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I haven't heard of that, but then again, I've never tried to do international shipping.

2) I'm willing to look into it, what's your mail code? (So I can try to calculate shipping)

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I looked into shipping an 8-card promo to Europe and the price was over $20. Postage sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toby
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
22764636 wrote:
Guys I am trying to buy the promo pack from Eagle's site which consists in 7 cards but... And that's the funny part... They are charging 15 dollars for shipping. Contacting them has made me even more confused because they say that they can't ship via letter as their postal office doesn't allow them. Two Questions

Have you ever heard of this restriction from US postal service?

Is any of you able to sell a copy with affordable shipping?

Actual postage is like $13.50 first class parcel up to 8 ounces. You could easily get away with sending a 7 card pack letter, too, probably around $8. Fold a few sheets of paper around the cards and you're not even breaking the rules. But it could get bent, since it can't be rigid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the opportunity to buy a bunch of teams and stuff to justify the shipping for the promos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmine Migliore
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies but for instance I have received 2 letters from Dr Finn Games both containing cards in a zip bag and a sheet of paper around them. The total number of of cards were over 12 and he has paid 2 dollars for shipping. However if you want to have a look my post code is ST15PW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you checked on eBay.co.uk or Boardgameguru? Most of the expansions are on there and offer cheaper shipping. Sorry for stating the obvious or if you've already checked.

Edit: just thought, promo/test pack might not be on there if you mean the sliver cards. If so I'd be happy to chip in and get some too if that makes total cost cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmine Migliore
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I have everything else for that game and since I love it I would like this promo pack too but honestly 15 dollars shipping for 7 cards it's like extorstion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Swanson
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When did these come out....? Must have....Ordered!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.