Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I would like to reference a poll I have not created on my own. For example I would like to reference the 'How many players do you recommend for this game?' poll from a game page in a geeklist or thread.

Is this possible in some way? I had a quick look at the html code but I only find some json describing the available polls on a game page in an abstract form.

If I understand it right, the only thing I need is the poll number. If I had the poll number I could use the Invalid poll type statement. But where/how to get the poll number for such a poll?

Each help would be appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
For example I would like to reference the 'How many players do you recommend for this game?' poll from a game page in a geeklist or thread.

Within a thread you can use Quote/Quick Quote on the specific post with the poll and the poll number will be revealed to you.

In a Geeklist that technique is not available for primary items, while it can be used on comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam (AFK/Away)
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
The game page polls work a little differently. Your best bet is to take a screen shot and embed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.