Subject: One Click Away... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Trying to resist guys, but I am 1 click away from ordering both starters and a booster box...do I want to spend the $$? Also do we know if itll be here by Christmas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was you once. Then before I knew it I was having the same debate about the SECOND set of starters and another booster box. I got Jedi mind tricked into buying both. I wish you luck, the force is strong with this game.

To answer you other question, we do not know when you will see orders placed today. They could be by Xmas, or they could be in early Jan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
are a second set of starters required? is it not possible to get those dice otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indecision101 wrote:
are a second set of starters required? is it not possible to get those dice otherwise?

There are a few starter only cards / dice that require two starter decks to have a full play set. This includes Mind Probe, Force Throw, and Finn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you want to spend the $? Yes, yes you do

You would need a second set of starters to get certain dice, you want 2 finn dice ? You need two rey starters. But if you buy boosters to get more characters then I would say don't bother.

I got two hero characters in boosters than give me two options for a 3 character team. So no second starter pack for me.

But if you want all your characters to have all the available dice to maximise options.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I assume Finn is still good with just 1 Die? lol, I just spent way too much on this, dont need to spend more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indecision101 wrote:
I assume Finn is still good with just 1 Die? lol, I just spent way too much on this, dont need to spend more

He is Ok at 1 die but I think you are going to want 2 of his die eventually, as when more sets are released he is going to get better and better due to the addition of more villain cards that can go in his deck. And one of his better current teamups is a 2 die Finn and 1 die Poe IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Rasmussen
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do it! I'm planning to get a 2nd set. I really like this game. Only CCG that I have really wanted to get into a lot. That might be because it is Star Wars. But the game too is fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's not as much waste in doubling up on the starters as you might think, especially if you do it early. In addition to the starter-only cards, you get a bunch of uncommom and rare cards/dice that, while you could possibly pull them in a booster, you're guaranteed to have a full playset of right away. Plus you'll have extra starter cards to trade away to those that don't want to double up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.