Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Once you have Item 18,

Spoiler (click to reveal)
the permanent map with Set-Maat and Sobeki's house, do you need either the Pass (item 33) or initiate Ounas (item 3) to move to Set-Maat? Or can you travel to those locations directly? Both items say you can move to Set-Maat freely, but in a future run you may not have them.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it that you need something to enter, as otherwise it would be to easy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We did the opposite. Once that item is revealed, it stays in place, as per the rules, and you can move there freely, like any other location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
We found this odd too, and I queried it when working on updating the text for the next printing.
However, it was confirmed by the publisher that this is correct. It doesn't quite fit, since on the next run, you shouldn't automatically have the pass to enter, but I think it would be too difficult otherwise.
Personally, I would have gone with giving an extra few TU to allow people the extra time to get the pass as a solution.
Or, if the item was supposed to represent a secret way in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur with the view that you are free to visit any location named on a map.

It may jar thematically, but take it that you've discovered a method of access that no longer requires entrance through the main gates. It's the same as getting back into the Asylum after finding yourselves outside its walls.

Also note the locations are not red and do not require +2 TUs to leave, that was a strange design decision to colour them orange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Scooperman wrote:
Also note the locations are not red and do not require +2 TUs to leave, that was a strange design decision to colour them orange.
I think that was fixed in the reprint. At least I told them to change it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Winchmore Hill
London
flag msg tools
Lv 30 Lawful/Evil Human Dungeon Master
badge
In Toruk's name!
mb
I justified it as a Groundhog day style 'skip ahead' thing. You spent one run working out the process to get in, you can then assume that you rush to do that immediately on a future run for essentially 0 TU. It still happens in the story, it's just saving you from doing something boring that could get abnormally expensive if the time die goes wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jukka-Pekka Tuominen
Finland
flag msg tools
PaulGrogan wrote:
We found this odd too, and I queried it when working on updating the text for the next printing.
However, it was confirmed by the publisher that this is correct. It doesn't quite fit, since on the next run, you shouldn't automatically have the pass to enter, but I think it would be too difficult otherwise.
Personally, I would have gone with giving an extra few TU to allow people the extra time to get the pass as a solution.
Or, if the item was supposed to represent a secret way in.

We played it in a way that when first time we waited for 10 TU to let us in we also found that there is a side door that the guards used to let us in. On the second playthrough we already knew about the door so we didn't need any items to pass the entrance.

It's weird, I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.