Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Roll for the Galaxy» Forums » Variants

Subject: Roll for the galaxy expansion idea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I’m not sure if an idea like this has been discussed here before but I was trying to think of an expansion for Roll that would give benefits to players for selecting their phase in the same way as Roll.

The idea I have uses either cardboard tokens or preferably another set of die. These die could be white with a question marks on each face. When the phase you selected comes up you would take a “phase bonus die” or just “phase die” from the pool/bank and use it as follows.

Phase one: A phase die can be used to pay for two credits OR can be discarded to add an additional tile draw. In the later example you would discard X amount of tiles and draw x+1, +1 (for the phase die). All phase die are discarded after use and must be used.

Phase two: A phase die can be used to pay for a development in the same manner as a normal die can. You must spend the phase die when possible. All phase die used are returned to the bank and cannot be sent to the cup or citizenry.

Phase three: Same as above but for settlements. You must spend the phase die when possible. All phase die used are returned to the bank and cannot be sent to the cup or citizenry.

Phase four: A phase die can be placed on a production world in addition to the good die. That world must have a good die that’s been produced on that turn. If anything causes the world to lose its good the phase die must also be removed to the phase die bank.

Phase five: Trade and consume rules apply as normal. Trading of a world’s good with a phase die on it would grant the player one additional credit. Consuming of the world’s good with a phase die on it would grant the player one additional victory point. All die used are returned to the bank and cannot be sent to the cup or citizenry.

As you’ve read above a phase die cannot ever be sent to the dice cup or citizenry. There are no exceptions to this rule. However, that being said I have some ideas for new development and world tiles that would give you additional powers over phase die.

The names of the tiles are just given an example. It doesn’t matter what they’re called or whether they’re worlds or developments. They could be single tiles or double/single starting tiles.

Banking Guild: When a player uses a phase die in phase one to buy an additional two credits, they gain an additional credit.

Trade Confederation: When a player uses a phase die in phase one to draw an additional tile, they gain another additional tile. X+1, +1 for the phase die, +1 for Trade Confederation.

Business Venture: This tile would allow players to move phase die only between development and settlement on the construction zone. I’m not sure if you would need to limit this power to only one or two die per turn.

Isolated Banking World: A player may take their phase die and deposit it on Isolated baking World regardless of the phase they selected. At the end of the game the played gains an additional victory point for every die on this world.

Developing World Bazaar: Similar to Isolated Banking World, a player may take their phase die and deposit it on Developing World Bazaar regardless of the phase they selected. During the manage empire round a player make take three phase die off Developing Word Bazaar and exchange them for any coloured die of their choice. Alternative rule: A player may exchange one phase selection die for a blue novelty die, two for a brown rare elements die, three for green genes die, or four for a yellow alien die. I’m not sure what the cost would be for other coloured die or if additional white home die could be obtainable this way.

Galactic Movers: When a player consumes a good from a world with a phase bonus die they gain another additional victory point.

Trade Exhibition: When a player trades a good from a world with a phase bonus die they gain another additional credit.

Rebel Supporters, Imperial Supporters, and Neutral Supporters: All three worlds would have the same power. They would grant an additional phase selection die to the player to be used on their selected phase; all three can be developed/settled and have their powers stack.

If you guys could tell me what you think that would be great. All criticism is welcome but I’m writing this at 1am in the morning so don’t start picking everything apart, I probably used the wrong they’re, there, their somewhere.

Tom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Variants.

Generally best just to flag a thread as 'wrong forum' if you think it should be moved. Commenting that it should be moved may lead to beheaded threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.