BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: Ordering Microbadges in Profile? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I find it weird that I can't order my microbadges in my profile. They all take an automatic order I cannot change. Why is that?

Couldn't they let us drag and drop the microbadges so we could order them as we wish under their respective categories?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can, but it is a pain. You pick the one you want to change and then select that from your list of picks, but if you already have the one you want chosen it won't let you. So you have to load something you don't want first.

You must be able to since so many people have them set up in a special way.

I am 90% sure you can do it this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He sweetened his game with aspartame and an overgrown sign pointed the way to
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
GoldSirius wrote:
I find it weird that I can't order my microbadges in my profile. They all take an automatic order I cannot change. Why is that?

Couldn't they let us drag and drop the microbadges so we could order them as we wish under their respective categories?

That isn't what the categories are for. The list of microbadges on your profile page is so people can see what badges you have, not so you can display them in some particular arrangement of your choosing. (If you want to do that, you can create an image showing your badges in the preferred arrangement and insert that into your profile.) The place where you have total power over which badges to display and in what order is in your avatar block.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Uhh,I know it's so people can see what badges I have.
So why can't I have some particular arrangement of my choosing where people can STILL see the badges I have?
I don't know what you mean about categories. For example, I have, under the "Board games" category, a few microbadges. Well, I want to order the ones I have from Level99Games and put them together in a row, for example. Well, I can't. They're all over the place.

It shouldn't be hard to let us place them in any order we want, exactly like we can under our avatar.

Kaffedrake wrote:
GoldSirius wrote:

That isn't what the categories are for. The list of microbadges on your profile page is so people can see what badges you have, not so you can display them in some particular arrangement of your choosing. (If you want to do that, you can create an image showing your badges in the preferred arrangement and insert that into your profile.) The place where you have total power over which badges to display and in what order is in your avatar block.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He sweetened his game with aspartame and an overgrown sign pointed the way to
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
GoldSirius wrote:
It shouldn't be hard to let us place them in any order we want, exactly like we can under our avatar.

In an ideal world, maybe you'd get to rearrange badges within categories, giving you some freedom to group badges with little or no harm to the list's actual purpose. But in the world where fairly simple interface bugs and improvements have not received any attention for close to a decade, I don't think this warrants any coding time at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Kaffedrake wrote:
GoldSirius wrote:

In an ideal world, maybe you'd get to rearrange badges within categories, giving you some freedom to group badges with little or no harm to the list's actual purpose. But in the world where fairly simple interface bugs and improvements have not received any attention for close to a decade, I don't think this warrants any coding time at all.

Ah! You're right about that.
Are we EVER going to get the new website interface all across the board? Or are we going to keep going back and forth between the 2000s interface and the new one for another 10 years?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldSirius wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:
GoldSirius wrote:

Ah! You're right about that.
Are we EVER going to get the new website interface all across the board? Or are we going to keep going back and forth between the 2000s interface and the new one for another 10 years?

It's not going to be 10 years!!

(could be more, could bw less)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I misunderstood the question. Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.