Subject: Objective Tokens on cards clarification please rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Back during the PnP and preliminary intermediate rules, there was a new basic/general rule that cards that come into play with OTs on it would be discarded when empty.
Which is why many new such cards (like Elatha's PnP) omitted text to this effect, which caused some confusion during the PnP (I argued to add it back in as reminder text though, incase someone misses the basic rule).

I can't seem to find this rule anywhere in the new rulebook, am I just blind (again) or did it get scrapped in the final release?

Knowing that the rule *was* there, this is confusing because Valkeas various OT cards include discard text while Elathas do not, so I'm not really clear what is rule text and what is reminder text at this stage.

This whole thing is problematic because Elatha really needs her cards to self-discard when empty so she can recycle and recast them or she loses what little engine she has.
Whereas Valkea would rather like her cards to stay when empty so her second charter ability is less bad, but with explicit text there she at least is out of luck I guess, regardless of if that text is reminder text or rule text.
(So if the rule is scrapped and we need text to initiate self-discard, the wrong characters seem to kind of have gotten the text or lack of text, respectively)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule indeed got scrapped. Now it's a question of placing Objective Tokens by other means or working the Hero Area limits to your advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Great, thanks. Time to try Elatha (and her BFF Melekai) out in the next run then, was putting it off till this got cleared up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.