Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, it seems to be the outrage for today. You may web search articles and posts for yourselves concerning it.

But I posit this query: Do you trust the gatekeepers of our modern forms of communication?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't trust anyone besides my immediate family, so there's that. I certainly don't trust anyone on the Internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
Yes, it seems to be the outrage for today. You may web search articles and posts for yourselves concerning it.

But I posit this query: Do you trust the gatekeepers of our modern forms of communication?

Nope. I always try to correlate stories across three or four other news sources.

Drew follows that approach too. If he reads something on Breitbart, he makes sure its corroborated on Infowars, The Drudge Report and Blaze as well.

Hey Drew!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
desertfox2004 wrote:
I don't trust anyone besides my immediate family, so there's that. I certainly don't trust anyone on the Internet.
wow "FUCK Yahoo 200 Boots @ Reddit!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Content in the OP would have been great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

Usually, yes, I trust it well enough.

When shit like this happens, people make a big deal out of it.

His edits were pretty stupid anyway -- who puts a different moderator's name in there? Not smart, and the mod community was rightly pretty pissed at him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

No

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
Sarxis wrote:

there is only one gatekeeper i trust - god
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
windsagio wrote:
You pick them 'sites/cites' of what you "entrusted" from any, since you only shall "accept" theirs then. Those of US with 'chocolates' shall also 'partake' for such! colonist

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
windsagio wrote:

here is some content:
http://gizmodo.com/reddit-ceo-caught-secretly-editing-user-c...

Quote:
The Slack chats reveal to what extent the top brass of Reddit are tired of the_donald and its penchant for harassment, vote brigading, threats, and otherwise being a blight on the community at large.
Quote:
There was an obvious consensus: the members of the_donald break site rules constantly, harass moderators, threaten people, and get away with it.

really makes the "gatekeepers of our modern forms of communication" look like the bad guys here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
really makes the "gatekeepers of our modern forms of communication" look like the bad guys here

The only thing of note here is that the people on the right are finally speaking out. This sort of shit has been going on for years all across the internet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
jeremycobert wrote:
The only thing of note here is that the people on the right are finally speaking out. This sort of shit has been going on for years all across the internet.

agreed - as a person on the right you have been speaking out for years and it is indeed shit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
jeremycobert wrote:
single sentences wrote:

agreed - as a person on the right you have been speaking out for years and it is indeed shit
'Taints' gonna "taint"! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
single sentences wrote:

Yeah, right-wingers have always been so quiet about their opinions on the Internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:

mb you don't trust yourself.

(Not trying to snark here; I just thought it was amusing.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.