Subject: Plastic bags for board games. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Theodore Martinovich
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hulk can see ghosts, breathe underwater, and survive a nuclear bomb.
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSE5I0Wp7c
mbmbmbmbmb

So. I work I a children's hospital as a pediatric nurse. I have a pet peeve that is all the waste that happens in hospitals. So as such I would like to explain one of my annoyances and see if anyone has interest in helping make the world slightly greener and ease my mind.

Pictured above are 2 plastic bags of different sizes, next to a reference Star Wars paperback, that work fantastic for board games. I use a ton of them myself and they are the perfect thickness and have the "not sandwich bag" feel. These plastic bags are what our patients medications are delivered in. We take the meds out of the bag and throw them in the trash. They never come in contact with patients and their illnesses. In fact I never even take them in patients rooms. And they don't have any carcinogenic meds. Those are delivered separately. So basically it's a huge waste in my opinion.

My proposal. I will send you as many free bags as you like. It may take me a few shifts to build up the supply depending on how many you want. Just give me shipping... help make the world a cleaner place
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jinxstar wrote:

So. I work I a children's hospital as a pediatric nurse. I have a pet peeve that is all the waste that happens in hospitals. So as such I would like to explain one of my annoyances and see if anyone has interest in helping make the world slightly greener and ease my mind.

Pictured above are 2 plastic bags of different sizes, next to a reference Star Wars paperback, that work fantastic for board games. I use a ton of them myself and they are the perfect thickness and have the "not sandwich bag" feel. These plastic bags are what our patients medications are delivered in. We take the meds out of the bag and throw them in the trash. They never come in contact with patients and their illnesses. In fact I never even take them in patients rooms. And they don't have any carcinogenic meds. Those are delivered separately. So basically it's a huge waste in my opinion.

My proposal. I will send you as many free bags as you like. It may take me a few shifts to build up the supply depending on how many you want. Just give me shipping... help make the world a cleaner place
And the game sleeve is born!

Pete (has been waiting for it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rountrey
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Complexity is the only thing that keeps us from predicting every second of our future. hmmm!
badge
“ I am a determinist. As such, I do not believe in free will. " -Albert Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm game! Plain big brown envelope stuff it. Keep the weight under 13 ounces. If the bags are free then 5 bucks should cover the costs. Right? I prefer the smaller bag. 6 to 1 would be the preferred ratio of small to large if you require a mix otherwise I would like all small. This really has to be stuffed to be remotely worth it, but I am a big Green guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Garnet Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just looking for bags like this. I would be in for a shipment. If you ship them USPS first class mail in an oversized envelope the cost would be minimal if you ship with Paypal's shipping discount (~$3.00). A ratio of roughly 5 small bags for every one big bag seems about right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.