Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoff Conn
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So PP is the only new game I have bought in the last few months. As a hisconsim and ccg player, it fascinated me, and so far the game experience does not disappoint.

But what does disappoint is the box size. I sleeved my cards, and even with the insert removed, I cannot put them back in the box.

Really, Sierra Madre?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talonz wrote:
So PP is the only new game I have bought in the last few months. As a hisconsim and ccg player, it fascinated me, and so far the game experience does not disappoint.

But what does disappoint is the box size. I sleeved my cards, and even with the insert removed, I cannot put them back in the box.

Really, Sierra Madre?!?

Is it a bad time to mention there is an expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the box size, super portable. If you want plenty of space buy the deluxe version of Pax Porfiriana with board for both it and Pax Pamir in a nice big box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for the box size being fantastic as is.
Great portability.

PLB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Talonz wrote:
I love the small boxes from Sierra Madre Games, and my Pax Pamir cards fit in the box sleeved. I use the thin Swan Panasia sleeves, and they are terrific. Sadly once I added in the Pax Pamir: Khyber Knives nothing but the cards fit in the box, but as I keep the Pax Pamir box inside the Pax Porfiriana Deluxe Edition box, I just had to put the extras in that box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have prefed a Pax Renaissance sized box. Pamir is the first game where I found the game too small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved my cards as well (Ultra Pro) and I had to use the Pax Porfiriana deluxe box to store them. That box is also quite full and I have yet to add the Khyber Knives expansion.

The Pax Renaissance box isn't much better. I can barely fit in the (sleeved) base game. The expansion won't fit for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
RvdH83 wrote:
The Pax Renaissance box isn't much better. I can barely fit in the (sleeved) base game. The expansion won't fit for sure.
I found the Pax Renaissance box the perfect size. I sleeved all the cards, including the expansion deck, and everything fits perfectly in the box. You may want to check out the excellent Swan Panasia thin sleeves, although I used their thick sleeves for certain cards in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
RvdH83 wrote:
I found the Pax Renaissance box the perfect size. I sleeved all the cards, including the expansion deck, and everything fits perfectly in the box. You may want to check out the excellent Swan Panasia thin sleeves, although I used their thick sleeves for certain cards in the game.

I only use Swans for irregular sized cards. Their sleeves are OK, but I tend to prefer Ultra Pro, FFG or Arcane Tinmen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
RvdH83 wrote:
I only use Swans for irregular sized cards. Their sleeves are OK, but I tend to prefer Ultra Pro, FFG or Arcane Tinmen.
Which explains why your cards don't fit in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Conn
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
I love the small boxes from Sierra Madre Games, and my Pax Pamir cards fit in the box sleeved. I use the thin Swan Panasia sleeves, and they are terrific.

Which size exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Talonz wrote:
Which size exactly?
Swan Panasia 57x90mm sleeves, both the Thin, and the Thick sleeves of that size works well. Personally I do most cards (like the main deck) in the thin sleeves, but some of the special cards I sleeve in the thick sleeves. I buy mine from Smiling-Monster.com, or directly from Swan Panasia at SPIEL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Gotta go slow, gotta go fast, gotta swing low when I walk past..."
badge
Turtle Cat (2/26/16) by Rachel Kremer of semicoop.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember it correctly, Phil spoke about this in an interview last year after PSI ended their partnership; the short is that the original driving force behind this was production and shipping costs bump up almost exponentially with a larger box (and he was worried about Pax Ren being almost too large to ship out of Europe without a US distributor). That's actually part of the reason we have Pax Porfiriana; Jim Gutt tinkered with the design for a while saying you could do a Lords style game with just cards and still have a similar feel. Phil wasn't real interested until it became an issue with shipping a few years ago. Since they have been successful (and profitable) so far, Phil's ok with continuing with that focus and "packing a big game in a small box" as he calls it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the Khyber Knives expansion I had to move everything into a Plano box. Looks like crap. Fortunately the gameplay makes up for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
After sleeving half my deck of Pax Porforiana and realizing it would not fit in the small box, which was very attractive to me, I unsleeved the deck except for the hacendado cards and never looked back. We must get over the desire to protect everything.

+1 to small boxes, specially awesome games like the Pax series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.