Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoff Conn
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So PP is the only new game I have bought in the last few months. As a hisconsim and ccg player, it fascinated me, and so far the game experience does not disappoint.

But what does disappoint is the box size. I sleeved my cards, and even with the insert removed, I cannot put them back in the box.

Really, Sierra Madre?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talonz wrote:
So PP is the only new game I have bought in the last few months. As a hisconsim and ccg player, it fascinated me, and so far the game experience does not disappoint.

But what does disappoint is the box size. I sleeved my cards, and even with the insert removed, I cannot put them back in the box.

Really, Sierra Madre?!?

Is it a bad time to mention there is an expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the box size, super portable. If you want plenty of space buy the deluxe version of Pax Porfiriana with board for both it and Pax Pamir in a nice big box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for the box size being fantastic as is.
Great portability.

PLB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Talonz wrote:
I love the small boxes from Sierra Madre Games, and my Pax Pamir cards fit in the box sleeved. I use the thin Swan Panasia sleeves, and they are terrific. Sadly once I added in the Pax Pamir: Khyber Knives nothing but the cards fit in the box, but as I keep the Pax Pamir box inside the Pax Porfiriana Deluxe Edition box, I just had to put the extras in that box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have prefed a Pax Renaissance sized box. Pamir is the first game where I found the game too small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved my cards as well (Ultra Pro) and I had to use the Pax Porfiriana deluxe box to store them. That box is also quite full and I have yet to add the Khyber Knives expansion.

The Pax Renaissance box isn't much better. I can barely fit in the (sleeved) base game. The expansion won't fit for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
RvdH83 wrote:
The Pax Renaissance box isn't much better. I can barely fit in the (sleeved) base game. The expansion won't fit for sure.
I found the Pax Renaissance box the perfect size. I sleeved all the cards, including the expansion deck, and everything fits perfectly in the box. You may want to check out the excellent Swan Panasia thin sleeves, although I used their thick sleeves for certain cards in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
RvdH83 wrote:
I found the Pax Renaissance box the perfect size. I sleeved all the cards, including the expansion deck, and everything fits perfectly in the box. You may want to check out the excellent Swan Panasia thin sleeves, although I used their thick sleeves for certain cards in the game.

I only use Swans for irregular sized cards. Their sleeves are OK, but I tend to prefer Ultra Pro, FFG or Arcane Tinmen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
RvdH83 wrote:
I only use Swans for irregular sized cards. Their sleeves are OK, but I tend to prefer Ultra Pro, FFG or Arcane Tinmen.
Which explains why your cards don't fit in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Conn
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
I love the small boxes from Sierra Madre Games, and my Pax Pamir cards fit in the box sleeved. I use the thin Swan Panasia sleeves, and they are terrific.

Which size exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Talonz wrote:
Which size exactly?
Swan Panasia 57x90mm sleeves, both the Thin, and the Thick sleeves of that size works well. Personally I do most cards (like the main deck) in the thin sleeves, but some of the special cards I sleeve in the thick sleeves. I buy mine from Smiling-Monster.com, or directly from Swan Panasia at SPIEL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Gotta go slow, gotta go fast, gotta swing low when I walk past..."
badge
Turtle Cat (2/26/16) by Rachel Kremer of semicoop.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember it correctly, Phil spoke about this in an interview last year after PSI ended their partnership; the short is that the original driving force behind this was production and shipping costs bump up almost exponentially with a larger box (and he was worried about Pax Ren being almost too large to ship out of Europe without a US distributor). That's actually part of the reason we have Pax Porfiriana; Jim Gutt tinkered with the design for a while saying you could do a Lords style game with just cards and still have a similar feel. Phil wasn't real interested until it became an issue with shipping a few years ago. Since they have been successful (and profitable) so far, Phil's ok with continuing with that focus and "packing a big game in a small box" as he calls it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After the Khyber Knives expansion I had to move everything into a Plano box. Looks like crap. Fortunately the gameplay makes up for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
After sleeving half my deck of Pax Porforiana and realizing it would not fit in the small box, which was very attractive to me, I unsleeved the deck except for the hacendado cards and never looked back. We must get over the desire to protect everything.

+1 to small boxes, specially awesome games like the Pax series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bergstrom
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Belisarius88 wrote:
After sleeving half my deck of Pax Porforiana and realizing it would not fit in the small box, which was very attractive to me, I unsleeved the deck except for the hacendado cards and never looked back. We must get over the desire to protect everything.

Does not compute. Next you're going to tell me my wife is right and I should take the plastic off our couches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bergstro wrote:
Belisarius88 wrote:

Does not compute. Next you're going to tell me my wife is right and I should take the plastic off our couches.

PLB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.