$5.00
$30.00
$15.00
$20.00
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trees can only be removed if a tile is placed(not developed)

Build and tour means that you take one normal and one tour.

If your build places one tile, you can erect a building like normal, and then tour?

If you develop on your own building, you can sever connections. Can you sever as many as you want, or does it have to obey the one less than it currently has rule?

What happens if you can't do a tour when you need to because there aare no exact connections, period?

And to be clear on when the game ends, the condition based around cards is not when someone draws the last card. It is when all cards are gone and then someone does one more tour(and then the round finishes out)?

Thanks! In the middle of my first game.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guenter Cornett
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
shadow9d9 wrote:
Trees can only be removed if a tile is placed(not developed)

Yes, but to remove a tree, you also have to erect a buildung on the trees place. It's not allowed to remove a tree, when you don't erect a building at that site:

"Erect Buildings
If the player has placed at least one place tile and thus created a new build site he may therafter erect one of his buildings on a vacant or tree-occupied site. In the latter case the tree is then shifted to the
vacant space of his choice."

The idea:
If you develop a tile, it doesn't effect the building or tree. It's just developing the streets.
If you place a new tile, you may erect a new building. (Using a site demands creating a new site)
If you cut a tree, you've to plant a new tree.

shadow9d9 wrote:

Build and tour means that you take one normal and one tour.
If your build places one tile, you can erect a building like normal, and then tour?


Yes, "Build and tour" is like a double turn:
1. Build (placing/developing 2 tiles)
2. Tour

shadow9d9 wrote:

If you develop on your own building, you can sever connections. Can you sever as many as you want, or does it have to obey the one less than it currently has rule?

Yes, the general rule is valid.

shadow9d9 wrote:

What happens if you can't do a tour when you need to because there aare no exact connections, period?

Imho you always can do a tour with exact connections. Note: you may start and end at same or different hotel. You may visit a station two times (by using other streets), so that it counts double for stations (but doesn't score two times).

It may happen, that's not possible to fullfill all wishes of the tourist. Then it can happen in theoretical worst case, that your tour scores zero (theoretical less than zero, but the rule says, that in this case you don't loose greenies).

To fullfil wishes you can use buildings of other players (so they get Greenies, too; but you don't loose a wish). If the situation on board is bad for tour, you should use the action Build.
There is only one of the 4 action markers, which demands tour without Build. So it should be possible to do a good tour to your tourist;if not you've the possibility to build.

shadow9d9 wrote:

And to be clear on when the game ends, the condition based around cards is not when someone draws the last card. It is when all cards are gone and then someone does one more tour(and then the round finishes out)?

Yes, otherwise drawing the last card wouldn't give the chance to do this tour. It would be a waste of cards.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.