Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bloody Cactus
United States
Lexington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I used to be a boardgamer like you, then I took a dice bag to the knee from Tonya Harding
mbmbmbmbmb
as a long time lotr player (and have every expansion), AHLCG drives me crazy in that its cards dont sort neatly

dark memory is a event, but its a weakness... Agnes's deck building requirements say 'include dark memory'... but they dont say, its an event or a weakness so no clear indication of WHERE to find it in your card pool.

similar, "Mob Enforcer" is an enemy, but also a basic weakness..

My LOTR sorting ocd wants to put events with events, weaknesses together, skills, etc.

FFG dont seem to want you to sort it like that... aargh. drives me crazy.

This is a small card holder (1 core + rougaru all sleeved, its full...) must.. sort.. accordingly... aaaaaaaaaargh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Keep the cards called out on the investigator card with that investigator card.

Basic weaknesses should stay together as they form a complete weakness deck.

This isn't your typical LCG so don't compare it to LOTR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawk Strike
msg tools
mb
I thought it was odd that the investigator-specific weaknesses don't say "Investigator XX only" on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They maybe want to keep option to different investigator to share same Main weaknes... who knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vander Dlonk
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Fantasy Flight included a brilliant sorting system at no extra charge. (Unbelievable, I know.) It's called "numerical order." Used with an online deckbuilder, cards of any type are at your fingertips.

Bravo, FFG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
dlonk wrote:

Fantasy Flight included a brilliant sorting system at no extra charge. (Unbelievable, I know.) It's called "numerical order." Used with an online deckbuilder, cards of any type are at your fingertips.

Bravo, FFG!

Oh god, numerical order bugs the crap out of me. All types are mixed up and nothings alphabetical. Although... you may be right for this game. Since we technically gain access to new cards at the beginning of each scenario, wouldn't it be better to keep them sorted that way?

We'll see... that may hinder on the fly deckbuilding after a few cycles are released (because separating by scenario doesn't matter as much when building for the next campaign cycle). Argh!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
dlonk wrote:

Bravo, FFG!

Oh god, numerical order bugs the crap out of me. All types are mixed up and nothings alphabetical. Although... you may be right for this game. Since we technically gain access to new cards at the beginning of each scenario, wouldn't it be better to keep them sorted that way?

We'll see... that may hinder on the fly deckbuilding after a few cycles are released (because separating by scenario doesn't matter as much when building for the next campaign cycle). Argh!!!!

What numerical sorting does do is to keep the player cards grouped by class.

They're not alphabetical within those classes, but, given the class-based deck build restrictions each investigator has, grouping by class seems the best option for deck building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Sparks
msg tools
mbmbmb
Both those cards you mentioned are weaknesses, sort them into a weakness category. If anything them being an enemy or event is a subtype. All the cards (player deck, mythos deck) have a main type and subtype eg. Event, Asset, Enemy. Sorting on subtype is just asking for trouble. I don't see why it's that difficult to sort player cards by class type and mythos cards by "mythos class" (the symbol eg. All ghoul cards are grouped, all rat cards are grouped) since this directly correlates to how you will be assembling the decks.

Edit: as mentioned above, this coincides with the numerical ordering of the core set. Except for maybe Lita chandler, who is a bit more difficult to place. I'd probably sort her with the scenario one act and agenda cards since (having not played the other scenarios yet) she seems specific to that act and after a parley will be in a players deck for the remainder of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_appleby wrote:
Both those cards you mentioned are weaknesses, sort them into a weakness category. If anything them being an enemy or event is a subtype. All the cards (player deck, mythos deck) have a main type and subtype eg. Event, Asset, Enemy. Sorting on subtype is just asking for trouble. I don't see why it's that difficult to sort player cards by class type and mythos cards by "mythos class" (the symbol eg. All ghoul cards are grouped, all rat cards are grouped) since this directly correlates to how you will be assembling the decks.

Edit: as mentioned above, this coincides with the numerical ordering of the core set. Except for maybe Lita chandler, who is a bit more difficult to place. I'd probably sort her with the scenario one act and agenda cards since (having not played the other scenarios yet) she seems specific to that act and after a parley will be in a players deck for the remainder of the campaign.

I have 2 copies of Lita (2 cores). I keep one with my Scenario 1 setup cards (and return it there at the end), and the other with my Scenario 2 setup cards. If Lita joins the team in Scenario 2, then I take that one and include it in my deck. That way Scenario 1 is always ready to be played (taught, etc), and I can still play 2+ unencumbered. She definitely belongs stored with the setup/encounter cards and not with the neutral player cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Until you buy an expansion, at least...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_appleby wrote:

And that's where her number puts her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rsdockery wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Until you buy an expansion, at least...

True.

However, based on the previews we've seen, it looks like that probably still holds true for the cards within each expansion.

Making it easy to then slot those cards into the already sorted cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
mr_appleby wrote:
I'd probably sort her with the scenario one act and agenda cards since (having not played the other scenarios yet) she seems specific to that act and after a parley will be in a players deck for the remainder of the campaign.

Just a quick note here -- apologies if it's unnecessary -- but, in case there's a misread of the rules going on, that's not how Lita is added to a player's deck for the following two scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.