Subject: Foiled at every turn... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Swensen
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
Playing against a first-time opponent this time around, once again on the Wizards and Lore map.

Things were quite even early on; the battle broke into two distinct lines along the left and right wings, with the center mostly ignored. He nibbled at me with his archers, while I edged forward while trying to maintain formation and ended up fighting an uphill battle into the hills.

Things turned around dramatically when a few lucky (or unlucky) rolls. I had Creeping Doom and enough lore to cast it into his bunched-up footmen; unfortunately, he just Dispelled it with ease, leaving me with nothing. To make matters worse, the elite attack of my footmen had almost no effect, while his battle-back came up: red red red BONUS. So much for my elites. Nice knowing you.

The real end came when my later "big attack" failed. I had some elite horseman and some archers; I cast Eagle Eye on the archers for a total of 5 dice of attack, with another 4 for the horsemen. I attacked an isolated, non-bold footman unit... and rolled NOTHING. No hits, not even a retreat. On nine dice. Sometimes I think planning in this game is a little bit pointless... yuk

The next turn, he cast Fireball and completed my humiliating defeat, rolling several Lore results and taking the last unit he needed for victory.

One of these days, I'll overcome this damnable dice luck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Wai-kit FUNG
Hong Kong
Mongkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ticopelp wrote:
One of these days, I'll overcome this damnable dice luck...

Appreciate your attitude. This is how I treat dice games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Swensen
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
tonyfung1205 wrote:
Appreciate your attitude. This is how I treat dice games.

Ha, thanks! It's all I can do, really. I think my strategy was very sound, it's just a shame it had to be undone by a couple of poor rolls. I don't blame the game for that, though. Luck played a big role in any number of historical battles, I'm sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.