Subject: Cryptozoic & Matt Hyra Nailed the Theme rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight we played our first game of Attack on Titan: The Deck Building Game. It was a three player game and each of us are big fans of the Attack on Titan anime show, having watched all the episodes to date.

We all had a blast playing the game - from picking our favorite characters to play to moving from district to district buying up cool equipment (straight from the source), cool maneuvers, remembered allies, etc.

The tension of knowing the Titans are coming, the brutal Ambushes that messed up our best laid plans and the extremely hard Arch Titans (I dread the Attack of Titan card) all adds up to an amazingly accurate mesh of theme and mechanics that beautifully captures the source material of Attack on Titan.

All of us agreed on how much the game perfectly captures both the nuances like individual strengths & weaknesses, as well the overarching big picture of the AoT world (Unrelenting foe and individual cost).

Great job Matt Hyra and Cryptozoic- this is a fun & tough game fans of the show/manga can proudly look to as an example of how licensed properties should be developed as board games. It's obvious that a lot of love and effort went into the creation, design and mechanics. Thank you! I hope we will see some expansions in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely agree... I think this game will not get its due love... but it deserves it... An amazing deck building game that actually captures the hectic battle raging across the wall from the Titans... I love the feel of hopping back into the city to grab some allies, equipment, training or set up a defense locations... and the cherry on top is that dang KILL SHOT mechanic... so many times we are ready to take out a titan with a kill shot, only to have a titan attack foil the attempt... But when it works... the groups actually cheers and high fives... EPIC!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.