Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cecil Deveau
United States
Stonington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Card 14 states score branch cards that can be traced back to the left or right side of your trunk, whichever is fewer.

I understand cards going vertical or diagonal off the top don't count. But what about a card that leaves the right side of the trunk near the top? The branch connects bark to bark on a part of the trunk that is vertical, but the top of the branch card is slightly above the top of the trunk. Does this count as right or top?

Spousal argument... Board games can be rough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cameron
United States
Martinez
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play as if a vertical line divides the entire card in half. Which ever side has the least amount of cards is counted. All branches on either side are counted; vertical, diagonal and horizontal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The intention is to count cards that come from the right or left edge of the trunk card. However, you could play it right or left half,if you prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cameron
United States
Martinez
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. I like to play as the designer envisioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cecil Deveau
United States
Stonington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife still has much doubt. I will need to post example pictures for ultimate clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be sure, if I have a tree, and three cards to the left of the trunk (forming one branch), and two cards (forming one branch) to the right of the trunk, I have 5 cards in total that can be traced, but 2 < 3, so I take 2 as my final multiplier?

The phrasing on this card is weird, because unless I'm missing something, all cards can be traced back to the trunk. I understand that the distinction was created to not count the cards that "grow" directly from the top part of it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.