Jerod
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a poll here: Coal Baron vs. Haspelknecht

Please follow the link and vote. Don't forget to leave a comments as to why you voted the way you did. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both and think the only thing they share is the theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerod
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnBandettini wrote:

My thing is, I don't need more than one mining "themed" game. One is more than enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Ross
United States
Union
Ohio
flag msg tools
publisher
Capstone Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Lumpfuggit wrote:
JohnBandettini wrote:

My thing is, I don't need more than one mining "themed" game. One is more than enough.

Jerod,
Haspelknecht is the first in a trilogy of games centered around the history of coal. The trilogy progressively walks you through various historical times in the coal industry. Haspelknecht covers the discovery of coal and the techniques used to extract it. You have the ability to unlock new technologies through a tech tree that will always change from game to game.

The second title is all about shipping the coal on the Ruhr river - a logistics game with developments you can acquire by delivering to certain locations. The second game in the trilogy will be released around Gen Con/Essen time 2017.

The third game is about the consolidation of the coal industry - an area control game with bidding. The third game will be released in 2018.

As you progress in the trilogy, the games become more complex with deeper decision depths while maintaining its rich gameplay.

Hope this helps in any way

Clay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerod
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That kind of reminds me of the viking (North Sea) trilogy by Shem Phillips. Not sure if that is the same feel you are going for? I find that interesting, but I am not sure it is for me. I won't dismiss it until I try it maybe at some point. But again I'm not sure I (or my group) would want more than one of this theme on my shelf.

But thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.