GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,284 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: KS "First Hero" expansion... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Any idea how to add this to your pledge? Just add the extra amount to what you pledge...then claim it when it comes time to confirm your pledge with pledge manager after campaign ends??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Lowden025 wrote:
Any idea how to add this to your pledge? Just add the extra amount to what you pledge...then claim it when it comes time to confirm your pledge with pledge manager after campaign ends??

Probably. No real way of telling, but that seems to be the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowden025 wrote:

Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
will geran
msg tools
Good question. And the addition to add is 35$ for the first hero expansion, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
There's been a lot of activity today, so apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere - I haven't found it. I'm new to the game and would be interested in hearing what the more experienced players think about the gameplay implications of this expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
monophonic wrote:
There's been a lot of activity today, so apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere - I haven't found it. I'm new to the game and would be interested in hearing what the more experienced players think about the gameplay implications of this expansion

we know so little about it that nobody really knows. Seems like a new campaign style expansion maybe similar to dragon king or sunstalker but without a new boss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greasy Reese
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
monophonic wrote:

The First Hero Expansion will allow you to start a campaign from year 12 or year 20 with a developed settlement and experienced survivors, instead of always just at year one with a bunch of rookies.

I think it's a great option for those who have played several campaigns and want to skip the early lantern years that they've already seen several times and can get right into the advanced stuff.

I like the way it allows for this without breaking continuity or ignoring the story. It sets it up as follows: Instead of 4 starting survivors reaching a brand new settlement, you are 4 advanced survivors who arrive at an established settlement. There, you will battle that settlement's Hero (the "First Hero") and slay him/her, taking over their settlement. If you destroy their weapons/gear during the fight, it will be an easier victory... but if you survive without destroying their gear you will get to keep it. Also, since you took over this settlement by force you will need to be careful of possible retaliation and defiance from some of the settlement's survivors.

All in all, I'm pumped for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks. I was wondering if the appeal was simply that it allowed experienced players to jump in later in campaign and avoid the early content that has been played multiple times. With the Gold Smoke Knight expansion extending the length of the campaign, I imagine this new starting point could be appealing for those of you with multiple campaigns under your belts. I could see this expansion being especially interesting if we see additional campaign extensions introduced over the course of this KS...

Greasy Reese wrote:

All in all, I'm pumped for this.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb

Poots just confirmed in comments section of KS that First Hero expansion will consist of 5 miniatures (4 veteran survivors + Hero monster) and also that he is thinking about adding even more stuff to the expansion because of the amount of money that has been gathered!

This is great! I though it's gonna be just one miniature and it's shaping into something huge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
msg tools
kurczaczekx wrote:

Poots just confirmed in comments section of KS that First Hero expansion will consist of 5 miniatures (4 veteran survivors + Hero monster) and also that he is thinking about adding even more stuff to the expansion because of the amount of money that has been gathered!

This is great! I though it's gonna be just one miniature and it's shaping into something huge!

Here we were, crying that 1.5 would just be a reprint - it's turning to become even more monstrous than what the Lantern Festival couldve brought to the core game. I'm so pumped for the additional goodies that'll add to what I own already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.