Jeff Pearce
msg tools
FIRST QUESTION

If using Propaganda, the millionaire ability on Walker states that they can advance one technology so long as that space is already patented. And that if they do so - they would pay the patent owner the cash equal to the patent level.

However, I'm unsure how this works against an AI player. If an AI has the patent on a technology higher than a human or AI Walker, is she unable to have the special effect? Is the cost ignored? Does she pay the bank? Or does she pay the AI, which also states that they don't use money.

---

SECOND QUESTION

During the luminary auction, my understanding is that AI will bid $2000 and no more for any particular luminary. How do they pay for that luminary?

And considering the pre-programmed abilities, there is the potential that they have to undertake an action that they are unable to do because they don't have the correct luminary. So - is it ignored? Or is the whole luminary system ignored for the AI?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i am not sure i get your first question. An AI Walker would not use the ability. All AI actions are on the cards. A human Walker pays to the bank instead of to the AI.

Second question: Again, AIs have no money, they don't bid on luminaries. For human players, the minimum bid is 2000 x phase, so in a solo game against AIs, your first luminary costs 2000, the second 4000, the last one 6000. You choose from the available luminaries, afterwards, one per AI of the remaining luminaries is removed at random from the game (the AIs also get random stocks after the second and third auction).

Since AIs don't have luminaries either, your third question is answered too. AIs just do what their card says. Luminaries are "built into" the cards(the rules describe that rather well).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pearce
msg tools
The first question was based on a human Walker player and an AI player. But you answered the question in that the human Walker would pay the bank rather than the AI.

You answered my second (and third) questions as well, in effect that they ensure the player/s bids a certain amount for a luminary, and that for the number of AI players. luminaries are removed from the game, essentially making their AI cards the be all and end all of their available actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.